Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auxiliary fan belt  (Read 1244 times)

Glassback

• Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    • Face lift cdx dti
    • View Profile
Auxiliary fan belt
« on: 09 December 2012, 14:16:39 »

While replenishing my antifreeze on my face lift 2.2 dti cdx I noticed the auxiliary fan belt was getting a bit tatty. Not wanting to be forced to a halt in some zombie ravaged hell of a deprived council ignored district I decided to change it. Well after scanning the maintenance guides for a few pointers, I was stumped to find none. And to make matters worse there is no Haynes manual for my car. And not having access to a humpbacked dwarf as is necessary for most under the bonnet jobs but refusing to be beaten I managed to glean some info from other publications, and I got the job done. Minus most of the skin from my knuckles of course. Then I thought it would be a good idea to write a guide for doing this job, but I don't seem to be able to post in the right section. So I am suggesting some one who can post in the maintenance guide area may want to post a guide. But of course if one already exists and I have missed it then please feel free to ignore this request.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Auxiliary fan belt
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2012, 14:25:54 »

And to make matters worse there is no Haynes manual for my car.  ....

This one is good enough for most things, the 2.2 isn't that different from the 2.0 ....... ask here for what's not included in it.  :y :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2012, 15:05:57 »

If you do still feel like writing a guide then post it in the 'Test' section. When you are happy with the result send Jimbob a pm & ask for it to be added to the maintenance section :y.

"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2012, 15:25:34 »

This one is good enough for most things, the 2.2 isn't that different from the 2.0 ....... ask here for what's not included in it.  :y :y
Diesel one is  ::)
my face lift 2.2 dti cdx
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2012, 15:33:40 »

Diesel one is  ::)
my face lift 2.2 dti cdx

Quite correct Rob ........ I didn't look properly!  ::) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2012, 16:55:44 »

While replenishing my antifreeze on my face lift 2.2 dti cdx I noticed the auxiliary fan belt was getting a bit tatty. Not wanting to be forced to a halt in some zombie ravaged hell of a deprived council ignored district I decided to change it. Well after scanning the maintenance guides for a few pointers, I was stumped to find none. And to make matters worse there is no Haynes manual for my car. And not having access to a humpbacked dwarf as is necessary for most under the bonnet jobs but refusing to be beaten I managed to glean some info from other publications, and I got the job done. Minus most of the skin from my knuckles of course. Then I thought it would be a good idea to write a guide for doing this job, but I don't seem to be able to post in the right section. So I am suggesting some one who can post in the maintenance guide area may want to post a guide. But of course if one already exists and I have missed it then please feel free to ignore this request.
When you do it, take some pics, and write a guide :y
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2012, 17:35:40 »

When you do it, take some pics, and write a guide :y
and I got the job done. Minus most of the skin from my knuckles of course.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2012, 22:59:28 »

does nobody read properly anymore.

good luck with the v6 water pump. :D :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.