Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: budget tyres  (Read 3729 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: budget tyres
« Reply #30 on: 11 October 2012, 19:55:44 »

Snow? An unrealistic expectation on a summer tyre IMO. Although I'd expect any tyre to behave better in snow than my preferred sc3's. Absolutely no grip at all in snow, due to the central bands tead patern no doubt. There is no cross tread at all to speak of.

In snow, abandon all hope of stopping all ye on sc3.
I suspect its not pattern, but an unsuitable compound.

Many tyres have a similar(ish) tread pattern and manage some semblence of grip.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 October 2012, 19:58:41 »

Sorry Phil for the delay in reply..The el cheapo's are Milanza Hero's.

In all fairness they may not be the best but the Omega is hardly a race car.....well not in my case anyway.

40k on the rear as mentioned with still quite a lot of tread left. The fronts could, i'm sure last longer but mine tends to be a bit rough
on the edges of the tyres.

I binned a brand new one of them as I found the grip level offered was too unreliable, especially in the wet ::)
Which shows that recommendations (and tyre reviews!!) need to take into account driving styles.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 October 2012, 20:20:12 »

In all fairness they may not be the best but the Omega is hardly a race car.....well not in my case anyway.

40k on the rear as mentioned with still quite a lot of tread left. The fronts could, i'm sure last longer but mine tends to be a bit rough

I binned a brand new one of them as I found the grip level offered was too unreliable, especially in the wet ::)
Which shows that recommendations (and tyre reviews!!) need to take into account driving styles.
Indeed... You know that my style is somewhat "progressive" so I need something reasonably reliable :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 October 2012, 21:39:05 »

Indeed... You know that my style is somewhat "progressive" so I need something reasonably reliable :-X ::)
I'd put Gixer in the aggressive category, and you in the Miss Daisy. And Tunnie in the "I need RPGs to move this guy in front".
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #34 on: 11 October 2012, 21:53:55 »

I'd put Gixer in the aggressive category, and you in the Miss Daisy. And Tunnie in the "I need RPGs to move this guy in front".

;D ;D ;D

I need many of them daily :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.