Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: display died  (Read 2492 times)

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: display died
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2009, 18:19:00 »

just tried the radio cant change the channel so its stuck on radio 1 nor do the steering wheel controls work. anyone know if 1 fuze covers it i dont have a  manual so unable to check

:y  :y  :y  :yhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.reynolds983/Manuals/Omega2002Manual.pdf

Just took it up to my local vauxcare in lincoln, there pretty decent as it goes checked fuzes there all ok hes saying the bulb behind the display gone be £65 all in to fix. i asked if its not the bulbs what then hes saying 99% sure bulbs and if its not he,ll not charge me the £65 but hes sure they gone as all else works, he said cant change radio channel as bulbs gone he asked if i had radio code which i do and asked if i was ok for him to pop radio out to check connectors but as he said as no display will be unable to use the radio as cant see to type in code if it more than connectors.
so no radio now lol and they cant book me in this week as megabusy off to wales on saturday so gonna have to wait till i get back

[size=18]£65[/size]  :o  :o  :o  :o
Have a look here ..... http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1192573381 before you shell out.
I can't see it just being the bulb/lamp behind because you say you can't even change the radio from the steering wheel controls.

yea i know they quoted 90 mins for the job but if not the bulbs no charge so have to let em try it out and see. It has to be fixed regardless so have to risk it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 June 2009, 18:48:46 »

I have an issue with this on a vectra, the display goes blank or freezes, I can reset it by disconecting the battery for 60 seconds. Lasts a month or a day! and then goes out again.

Have you tried doing a reset from the stalk, holding in both buttons?  :y
No stalk buttons on NCDC equipped cars ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 June 2009, 18:51:12 »

I think that dealer is talking out of their backsides. They are hoping that a 50p bulb will fix it. Sadly, CIDs take CCF tubes, these are not a user changable item, so no change Vauxhall monkeys can do it.

Reseat the connectors, if that doesn't cure it, you'll need to have better diags done on the screen (which rules out Vauxhall Dealers)
Grumpy old man

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2009, 19:06:03 »

I think that dealer is talking out of their backsides. They are hoping that a 50p bulb will fix it. Sadly, CIDs take CCF tubes, these are not a user changable item, so no change Vauxhall monkeys can do it.

Reseat the connectors, if that doesn't cure it, you'll need to have better diags done on the screen (which rules out Vauxhall Dealers)

sadly i,m a mechanical numpty and have no idea what/how to do it maybe he thinks thats whats wrong with it and he,ll reseat the connectors and check leads and he hopes that,ll cure it

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2009, 19:24:59 »

sadly i,m a mechanical numpty and have no idea what/how to do it maybe he thinks thats whats wrong with it and he,ll reseat the connectors and check leads and he hopes that,ll cure it

and if it does, he'll have charged you £65 for the privilege! :-? Follow the video & have a go ....... the worst out come is that your display won't work afterwards! ;) ;) ;) ;) :y

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 June 2009, 09:08:46 »

and if it does, he'll have charged you £65 for the privilege! :-? Follow the video & have a go ....... the worst out come is that your display won't work afterwards! ;) ;) ;) ;) :y

well looked at the video not sure if its  missing some but i cant see where you take the display out i assume the screws you take out means you can lift the clear plastic cover off, does the display then just lift out or is it also screwed in

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 June 2009, 09:29:02 »

You don't need to remove the display, just the dash panel.

There are two connectors with latches on the back of the screen, one grey, one black.

Does the car have a Trafficmaster unit fitted?

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 June 2009, 10:03:53 »

You don't need to remove the display, just the dash panel.

There are two connectors with latches on the back of the screen, one grey, one black.

Does the car have a Trafficmaster unit fitted?

yes it has traffic master not live though subs had run out before i got the car and i use tomtom live

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 June 2009, 13:53:03 »

I have an issue with this on a vectra, the display goes blank or freezes, I can reset it by disconecting the battery for 60 seconds. Lasts a month or a day! and then goes out again.

Oh, CID, must learn to read posts properly, Specsavers springs to mind. :y

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 June 2009, 15:30:53 »

Oh, CID, must learn to read posts properly, Specsavers springs to mind. :y

Going to have a go at it tonight with one of my mrs friends sons. Hes a mechanic so knows more than i do. If the cid id dead anyone know how much they cost and someone said something about pairing them up what is involved with this

wingman

• Intermediate Member
  • Hastings
    • Grandland GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 June 2009, 16:14:39 »

If the CID has died you are looking at £1200+ for a new one from Vx. However they can be repaired, its usually a fault with the LCD screen that can then be replaced. A firm called BBA-Reman at Rochester (http://www.bba-reman.co.uk) can do this, or there are firms that advertise repairs on the german E bay (need to send old unit to germany in that case)
That said when I had to have my CID repaired by BBA-Reman and disconnected it and sent it away, I had exactly the problem that you have i.e. can't change stations from steering wheel controls. I could change the stations by using the numbered buttons on the head unit (NCDC2013 in my case). If you can also do this I would strongly suspect that your problem lies with the plugs not being seated properly in the unit or a ribbon cable fault as others on the forum have suggested. Hope this helps

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 June 2009, 16:23:32 »

If the CID has died you are looking at £1200+ for a new one from Vx. However they can be repaired, its usually a fault with the LCD screen that can then be replaced. A firm called BBA-Reman at Rochester (http://www.bba-reman.co.uk) can do this, or there are firms that advertise repairs on the german E bay (need to send old unit to germany in that case)
That said when I had to have my CID repaired by BBA-Reman and disconnected it and sent it away, I had exactly the problem that you have i.e. can't change stations from steering wheel controls. I could change the stations by using the numbered buttons on the head unit (NCDC2013 in my case). If you can also do this I would strongly suspect that your problem lies with the plugs not being seated properly in the unit or a ribbon cable fault as others on the forum have suggested. Hope this helps

ouchee almost as much as the car lol. hopefully very hopefully it is just a loose lead and we can fix it tonight found out since that when i took it into vauxcare there mechanic pulled the head unit out to check all was connected in the back so off course it disconnected the HU and its gone into safe mode hence nothing working on it. As i have no display cannot type in the key code the radio was working until then but never tried to change stations on HU so crossing everything that its just a loose lead

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 June 2009, 19:45:21 »

ouchee almost as much as the car lol. hopefully very hopefully it is just a loose lead and we can fix it tonight found out since that when i took it into vauxcare there mechanic pulled the head unit out to check all was connected in the back so off course it disconnected the HU and its gone into safe mode hence nothing working on it. As i have no display cannot type in the key code the radio was working until then but never tried to change stations on HU so crossing everything that its just a loose lead

Christ, Vx strikes again.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 June 2009, 20:50:24 »

The CIDs are rather expensive, even good depaired second hand ones fetch £500+ on ebay.
Grumpy old man

tallandy

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 June 2009, 20:58:33 »

The CIDs are rather expensive, even good depaired second hand ones fetch £500+ on ebay.

Oh happy days got it back up and running pulled the leads out gave then a quick blow to move dust plugged back in all working fine thats a reflief thanks to all for the advice and the great pics on how to get to dash/cid forum 1 vauxcare zero lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.