Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1996 2.5TD feels... gutless..  (Read 2770 times)

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 1996 2.5TD feels... gutless..
« Reply #30 on: 18 June 2010, 21:24:04 »

Aye it looks easy enough to replace that part - odd, though, is that the hose going into the inlet manifold was covered in black oil on the underside after a run.. not quite sure where it's coming from, unless that hose just isn't sealing properly on the inlet manifold.

Would you completely fill the fuel filter with forte, or mix forte & diesel? I have a fuel filter waiting to go on at the weekend (and air/oil/etc), and a bottle of Forte here too.

The main thing will be to make it be less.. utterly hopeless at pulling away (honestly, it's worse than before!).  If it were a petrol I'd suspect an air leak in the intake, but it's diesel so.. that wouldn't really matter. Hm.
this bit tends to split hence oil underneath.
Yes fill the filter with forte dont mix with diesel don't worry engine will start and run ok just give it a little throttle :y
Yes the manifold gaskets tend to wear out and draw in air they only cost £38.00ish to replace this will effect performance.
also clean out the small pipe thats under the manifold that leads to egr sensor this gets bunged up with oily crud :y :y

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 18 June 2010, 21:26:51 »

Cheers :) Interestingly the plastic 'TURBO DIESEL' bit doesn't seem to be split (I had it off and cleaned it out and all the oil off it), but I wonder if the short pipe between that and the manifold is sealing properly - it seems a bit shorter than it ought to be.  Shame the bits of silicone hose I have laying about from the other car aren't the right diameter!

Speaking of EGR.. I found my sluggish pulling away problem, I think: http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1276852056/5#5

(EGR solenoid stuck open holding the EGR valve open permanently.. might also explain all the oil - the turbo must have been spinning like an idiot trying to pressurise the universe via the EGR pipe!)

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2010, 21:30:28 »

Blank off the egr at both ends :y
I also increased the boost to come in at 1200rpm not 1400rpm :D :D

aaronjb

« Reply #33 on: 18 June 2010, 21:53:06 »

Aye I was considering that ;) I did an EGR-delete on the Nissan 300ZX too a long time back.. not that I'd ever condone deleting emissions equipment, of course  :-[  :D

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 June 2010, 23:24:41 »

mine just passed mot yesterday no egr and emissions were very low according to tester ::) ::)
 now I advance pump again :D :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.