Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Estate centre seat belt  (Read 557 times)

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
Estate centre seat belt
« on: 29 July 2010, 09:23:34 »

OK this is embarrassing, I have this old beater estate I bought a month ago, needs a couple of minor jobs but otherwise usable.

Last night my daughter sits in the car and says "where's the middle seat belt?" I say ahh maybe it got trapped when someone last put the seats down, I take a look and there's nothing! The plastic insert is in the top of the seat, the clip is in place in the base but no belt.

So, how easy is it to replace? I only took a quick look but I assume it must run through the seat itself?

Not something I wanted to find out at 9 o'clock last night  ::)

05omegav6

Re: Estate centre seat belt
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2010, 04:58:37 »

when i changed the interior of mine the centre belt kept locking so you couldn't pull it out more than a couple of inches :( had to strip the arm rest and seat cover off to be able to find the reel to free it off. horrible job, scraped knuckles etc >:(
easiest way to deal with it is to find another seat back and swap it over. :)
the belts all bolt to the floor under the seat base. if the belt is missing. it has probably been cut, so you'll need to replace the reel and that means stripping the seat back, best done out of the car. so as said be better to replace it. the mounting under the seat should give you an idea as to where the belt is.
seat back is held in by a hexagonal bolt on the outside edge, two torx bolts to the hinge mechanism in the middle and finally the belt anchor bolt (which will be barsteward tight). you'll also need to pull out the seat base first. pull the two plastic toggles at the front of the seat cushion and then lift the cushion up and forward.
hope this is of some use,
al :y

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
Re: Estate centre seat belt
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2010, 13:13:14 »

Aha yes thank you, thats useful.

My first thought was new seats especially seeing Sir Sideways post an estate breaker. Unfortunately I badly need to do my wishbones this weekend and as per most breakers/forum mechanics he is way up north  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.