Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More handbrake questions  (Read 462 times)

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
More handbrake questions
« on: 15 August 2010, 17:04:58 »

So I spent 3hrs under the car this afternoon pretty much to no avail as my baby trolley jack cant lift the car high enough to get it on max axle stand height  >:( I got the heat shields off OK, managed to see the adjuster and soak it in oil but just couldn't get enough access to get a socket on, also I span the hubs on both sides but couldn't see the star adjusters at all.

One thing I did spot though was the adjusting bracket was very heavily angled towards the offside a bit like this.
      ___
 __/
  /___

I'm assuming this means that the adjusters on one side are stuck? If so I guess I might as well just get a set of shoes and replace the lot anyway?

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: More handbrake questions
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2010, 18:01:42 »

A ratchet ring spanner is the best tool for that job ;) ;)

Yes judging by your diagram you have a handbrake badly adjusted.  Why not take the rear wheels off, and the drum disc to access the hand brake mechanism?  It is best to give all a good cleandown, inspecting the shoes, and familizing yourself with the star adjuster.  Believe me that is the best way to 'home in' on that device once the drum disc is back in place.  Use the guide on this site fully to adjust your brakes, correcting all. ;) ;)

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152564750
« Last Edit: 15 August 2010, 18:02:37 by Lizzie_Zoom »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.