Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White spots in header tank, HG or other?  (Read 521 times)

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
White spots in header tank, HG or other?
« on: 16 February 2011, 09:05:00 »

Now I realise HG's are usually bulletproof  :) but i'm just after a quick check. A couple of days back I started losing water (It's running off the block on the rear passenger side) and have been topping up daily until I get to look at it on the weekend.

This morning after top up I noticed small spots of white bobbing around on top of the header tank. Is this likely to be HG or oil cooler? The cooler was change about 2-3 yrs ago.

Cheers
Baz

feeutfo

Re: White spots in header tank, HG or other?
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2011, 10:08:25 »

Now I realise HG's are usually bulletproof  :) but i'm just after a quick check. A couple of days back I started losing water (It's running off the block on the rear passenger side) and have been topping up daily until I get to look at it on the weekend.

This morning after top up I noticed small spots of white bobbing around on top of the header tank. Is this likely to be HG or oil cooler? The cooler was change about 2-3 yrs ago.

Cheers
Baz
If it's topped up with tap water could it be lime scale? Wouldn't worry too much, just sounds like a water leak to me. Check hbv first off.

Abiton

Re: White spots in header tank, HG or other?
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2011, 10:40:25 »

Radweld-type crap tends to form gooey white-ish bits that look a bit like little blobs of egg-white on exposure to air...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.