Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Head bans prayer  (Read 4428 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Head bans prayer
« on: 21 January 2024, 14:47:58 »

Good on her but why the hell should she and her fellow teachers be in this situation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/katharine-birbalsingh-michaela-community-school-muslim-london-brent-b2480188.html
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Head bans prayer
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2024, 15:22:53 »

The problem now is the amount of differing religious there are in Britain now, a number of who want domination and not integration. When i was at school in the 1950's, the only ones who had special dispensation to miss assembly were the RC's. 

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2024, 16:28:29 »

The powers that be have allowed the Muslims to take over the UK , therefore this total shit is to be expected.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2024, 17:25:01 »

I wonder who is funding this kid who has taken the legal challenge in the High Court?  ::)

If the High Court rules in favour of the school, then we can expect an appeal. Ultimately this could end up in Strasbourg at the ECtHR if the kids backers have deep pockets, where of course it will be decided that the kids 'uman rights have been breached and there is a right to pray at school. 

After that all schools will be forced to make provisions for prayers for all religions. Different prayer rooms, timetables worked around prayer times etc

I can just see it happening...  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2024, 17:32:50 »

Legal Aid....  :-X   ::)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12987505/Muslim-schoolgirl-taking-High-Court-legal-against-teachers.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Apparently the kid has in the past been suspended for threatening to stab another kid at the school.  ::) 

You can always rely on the Mail for the nitty gritty on any story.  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2024, 17:48:31 »

I wonder who is funding this kid who has taken the legal challenge in the High Court?  ::)

If the High Court rules in favour of the school, then we can expect an appeal. Ultimately this could end up in Strasbourg at the ECtHR if the kids backers have deep pockets, where of course it will be decided that the kids 'uman rights have been breached and there is a right to pray at school. 

After that all schools will be forced to make provisions for prayers for all religions. Different prayer rooms, timetables worked around prayer times etc

I can just see it happening...  :-\

The regimes of Prisons in the UK were changed years ago to accommodate Muslim Prayers, it makes sense so they could all meet up to discuss their next terrorist attack, another total loss of control.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2024, 18:56:03 »

The powers that be have allowed the Muslims to take over the UK , therefore this total shit is to be expected.

The French education system takes a much stricter line.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2024, 19:40:23 »

I wonder how Christians fare in a Muslim country if they want to do something according to their religion?

We have 7 fairly young men and women in our Spanish classes. They arent allowed to go to discos. Very entrenched views on jobs for men and womens place ( in the home) Zero chance of equality. Maybe a 100 years behind the West for womens rights.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2024, 22:09:32 »

What also pisses me off is that Christians in certain public professions are prohibited from wearing even a small cross, whereas, other faiths are allowed to wear all their regalia.  Just to say that, to me, religion is a curse.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2024, 22:19:23 »

I wonder how Christians fare in a Muslim country if they want to do something according to their religion?

We have 7 fairly young men and women in our Spanish classes. They arent allowed to go to discos. Very entrenched views on jobs for men and womens place ( in the home) Zero chance of equality. Maybe a 100 years behind the West for womens rights.
At risk of being controversial, why is running the household seen as such a negative thing? Done well it is a matter of pride, but it is very much a full time role, especially once kids come into it.

I appreciate that that may be a minority point of view, but certain traditional aspects of life have something to be said for them. Sure you can split the workload 50/50 and both work, but then the kids get raised by someone else and you both have to work to pay for it. One person earns a respectable living and provides for the family whilst the other bears the responsibility of maintaining the home.

Where I will disagree with the religious zealots is that it doesn't really matter who does which role, but there's a logic to it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2024, 22:21:43 »

What also pisses me off is that Christians in certain public professions are prohibited from wearing even a small cross, whereas, other faiths are allowed to wear all their regalia.  Just to say that, to me, religion is a curse.
BA and Sainsbugs are both guilty of that. Although, providing safety equipment isn't affected, BA are slowly moving with the times.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2024, 18:22:14 »

A little titbit I saw today, is that the lawyers representing this kid who is taking legal action against her school is none other than Cherie Blair's Matrix Chambers.  ::)

It seems to me that many of the bad and bonkers things happening in this country can be traced back to Blair, and specifically his decision to enshrine the ECHR into British law with his Human Right Act.  :-\

It's obviously coincidental that his wife is a Human Rights lawyer.  :-X

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2024, 19:29:13 »

A little titbit I saw today, is that the lawyers representing this kid who is taking legal action against her school is none other than Cherie Blair's Matrix Chambers.  ::)

It seems to me that many of the bad and bonkers things happening in this country can be traced back to Blair, and specifically his decision to enshrine the ECHR into British law with his Human Right Act.  :-\

It's obviously coincidental that his wife is a Human Rights lawyer.  :-X

The female B liar you mention there Sir Tig, left her job in a law firm a year before the male B Liar signed up to the ECHR. In that 12 months, she set up her Matrix Chambers business. Insider knowledge or what. The pair should be had for treason

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2024, 20:31:55 »

Shot up not had up👍
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 January 2024, 08:38:55 »

Shoot the chunt and call it done.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.