Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BANNED.........  (Read 2222 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: BANNED.........
« Reply #15 on: 09 November 2023, 21:18:07 »

OOOKAY ... :)

I just cleared all cookies ,cache , history etc . and it has allowed me to log in on my desk PC again .
Looks like your advice and august knowledge has sorted it TB , many thanks . :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 November 2023, 21:23:20 »

I'm now pondering whether I want it fixed . :(
You'll have to have it fixed, Don. General election in the offing, we'll need your famous rants balanced opinions sometime soon  ;D

Don's thoughts if Sinn Fein win the next election in the republican part of Emerald Ilse will be something to behold!  :o  :-X                                     ;D

You know Sir T, I really don't care much now as I have zero regard for politicians and parties as a whole, they are all of a lesser breed now . As long as my generous Irish pension ( my best investment ever ) drops into my account each week they can get on with it. :)

Well that's no fun...  ::)   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 November 2023, 16:01:42 »

Its fair to say most VPNs will have the majority of their IP ranges banned now.  Aside from some very niche things, like trying to watch iPlayer from abroad, Internet to Internet VPNs do nothing useful anyway (and usually quite the opposite of what they claim to).

Olympia5776 - next time it happens can you get me the exact time and date, ideally to the nearest second, and I'll look at the logs to try to understand why. Unfortunately, looking more than about 20s either side is like pissing in a Force 10 needle-in-haystack due to all the spam traffic, particularly since the Ruski's got a bit pissed off with the rest of the world.

If you flick between real Internet and VPN you really need to fully clear cookies between the sessions (which will mean logging in again), thats what Migalot's issue was.

TB,   9/11.  @   21.01.15.  :y
One of my tablets is showing same message now..I'm in quicksand and sinking  :-\
Ah. Vodashite.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 November 2023, 16:04:29 »

OOOKAY ... :)

I just cleared all cookies ,cache , history etc . and it has allowed me to log in on my desk PC again .
Looks like your advice and august knowledge has sorted it TB , many thanks . :y
Keep an eye on it, some of the IP's you've recently used have been in some banned ranges (VPN).  I've temporarily removed them, but fair to say they will quickly end up getting back in.  Your Voda IP is close to a large range thats banned as well, but you are currently outside it.

I half expect the cookie thing will resolve it anyway.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.