Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternator  (Read 11230 times)

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Alternator
« Reply #45 on: 12 November 2023, 17:37:40 »

Oh My God good thing you phoned 999 and got a quick response.You know that I am nearby I will send you my phone number by message ring me if I can be of any help.Love Ron

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 November 2023, 17:45:10 »

Close call, Lizzie, sounds as if you've been through it, probably mentally as well as physically…….

Lizzie, fingers crossed for you. Be prepared after the operation to be affected emotionally. I went from not giving a shit to being emotionally shot to shit. I would well up over nothing during a normal conversation. Physically I was on the mend but emotionally I’m not sure it’ll ever leave me, so it may pay to forewarn your family of this.
I spent three months solid in Harefield Hospital (2 major operations just 2 days apart) and can’t praise them up enough. Good luck, I hope they get you sorted.  :y
Oh, and I wasn’t allowed to drive for twelve weeks, which did not please my Mrs as she became my chauffeur.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 November 2023, 17:52:59 »

Hopefully you'll soon be sorted and on the mend.Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12 November 2023, 18:21:53 »

Close call, Lizzie, sounds as if you've been through it, probably mentally as well as physically. Glad things worked out the way they did, I'm sure you know how close you came to it happening in a different place at the wrong time.
I believe that women are far more likely to be unaware that they've suffered a heart attack than men. We tend to winge and moan about such things, whereas women just crack on. Stop worrying about that fickin old jalopy and start worrying about yourself.
A triple bypass is actually not as scary as you might think, a friend of mine collapsed playing tennis the other month and had to have a quadruple. He is up and about and feeling fitter than he has been for years. I sincerely hope you have a similar outcome.
You'll be sick with worry but, as you have made it this far, things should work out ok. Do nothing, let others take the strain, there is absolutely nothing that can't wait until you're feeling better.

Thanks for that Steve. That is reassuring.  I would be a liar if said I wasn't some what fearful of whatever is to come. But I am from a family of strong survivors, most who lived until their late 80's after big health events. I will survive! :D

My Omega certainly cannot be of any concern at the moment.  It will be when I can return to driving that it will again become very important to me ;)
« Last Edit: 12 November 2023, 18:24:12 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12 November 2023, 18:26:22 »

Oh My God good thing you phoned 999 and got a quick response.You know that I am nearby I will send you my phone number by message ring me if I can be of any help.Love Ron

Ah, thanks Ron.  That is kind  :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12 November 2023, 18:31:15 »

Close call, Lizzie, sounds as if you've been through it, probably mentally as well as physically…….

Lizzie, fingers crossed for you. Be prepared after the operation to be affected emotionally. I went from not giving a shit to being emotionally shot to shit. I would well up over nothing during a normal conversation. Physically I was on the mend but emotionally I’m not sure it’ll ever leave me, so it may pay to forewarn your family of this.
I spent three months solid in Harefield Hospital (2 major operations just 2 days apart) and can’t praise them up enough. Good luck, I hope they get you sorted.  :y
Oh, and I wasn’t allowed to drive for twelve weeks, which did not please my Mrs as she became my chauffeur.  ;D

Oh yes, already I have had moments of really feeling sorry for myself.  Something that my parents did not do when they faced shit, and that is,normally., the way I am.  Hard, Businesswoman, who takes the falls and punches without much self pity.............not now though!! ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 12 November 2023, 18:34:24 »

Thanks TB, Andy, Baza :-* :-* :)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12 November 2023, 18:40:10 »

All the best Lizz, get plenty of good grub down you👍
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12 November 2023, 18:55:13 »

Let us know how your AS alternator from Autodoc goes   :y
oh , and get well soon  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 12 November 2023, 18:55:41 »

All the best Lizz, get plenty of good grub down you👍

People joke about hospital food, but at least here in Ashford it is very good for mass catering.  Really tasty, sensible portions, and great trolley staff dishing it out, with plenty of laughed.  I'd of course sooner be at home, but the doctors won't let me , so, oh well, I'll let the good old NHS save me a good few quid on energy and food bills.  There is always a silver lining, so I am trying to make the best of it.  Thank God I am ot in a Gaza hospital, and my beloved car should not be bombed!!   :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 12 November 2023, 18:59:50 »

Let us know how your AS alternator from Autodoc goes   :y
oh , and get well soon  ;D

Thanks Dave, and will do. 

Thank goodness for Autodoc who could supply the alternator in the first place, at the right price, with excellent service from Europe.  The way it's going, Omega parts will only be available from companies such as them. :o

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 November 2023, 19:00:52 »

:) That’s the way, always look for something good out of a bad situation, a good mindset is a great advantage👍
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 November 2023, 19:03:29 »

I buy from AUTODOC too I’ve found looking at the prices from day to day is wise as their discount can vary from 20 to 40 percent in a day😱 great service but take a bit longer obviously as they’re so far away.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 November 2023, 19:07:07 »

:) That’s the way, always look for something good out of a bad situation, a good mindset is a great advantage👍

Yep.Agreed. I learnt from young, from a wartime family, that was the way to be.  Self pity was not allowed,which has been hard at times. But I have won through against adversity inbusiness and my personal life after seeing my loving parents do it. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12 November 2023, 19:11:26 »

I buy from AUTODOC too I’ve found looking at the prices from day to day is wise as their discount can vary from 20 to 40 percent in a day😱 great service but take a bit longer obviously as they’re so far away.

Oh yes, I do love their "limited time offers"!  Like with the alternator, the previous cam belt kit, and other bits and pieces big money savings are to be had.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.