Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: crank shaft sensor query.  (Read 3790 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: crank shaft sensor query.
« Reply #30 on: 07 December 2023, 12:09:18 »

Most quite a lot of drives of all makes drive like idiots nowadays, because there is nothing to keep them in check. They can drive in the most appalling manner without any fear of being pulled up by the law, they know where the speed cameras are and most of them don't work anyway. It's a free for all, and most people expect, and even make allowances for, other drivers pulling out, overtaking dangerously, speeding and generally not following the rules of the road.

When I joined the London Ambulance Service in 1979 , I had a brilliant driving instructor for the courses we had to take which were night driving ,high speed driving & skidpan the best piece of advice from him was treat other drivers as unskilled & always expect the unexpected, it has always stood me in good stead. Nowadays the majority of driving I witness is of an extremely low standard.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 December 2023, 08:20:15 »

I joined in 1974, and the instructor I had more than once went round Parliament Square the wrong way on the blues. Said it was a great shortcut :o I remember him well....his nickname was Schizo,but a great guy......not a clue how I ended up as a senior driving instructor for Nat Ex!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 December 2023, 09:47:24 »

The crank sensor is basically a service item on the Omega.

Along with the HBV, wishbone bushes and steering idler :D

A service item??? Really???
I don't know what you did with your Omega (when you actually owned one) to have the necessity to change those items at such an appalling rate :o
The 2.6 and 3.2 crank sensor is as said 90540743.
19 years of 3.2 and 2.6 ownership, plus numerous other 2.2, 2.6 and 3.2's owned on a shorter period basis, and approx.150k combined in that time, I've only ever had to change one crank sensor on a 2.2 due to failure, one set of wishbones, one HBV, and no idlers.
So to suggest they are basically service items is a bit extreme, to say the least....
Can’t remember exactly how much we pay the AA for personal cover for the two of us but in the past when the price creeps up I’ve left them and returned soon after as a new customer, with new customer lower pricing. Don’t know if that still works but worth a try.
The only time that I called them out was for the Omega crank sensor.
;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 December 2023, 12:27:06 »

I've had two on the red 3.2, the second one of which was fitted by yourself, and the previous one which was fitted at my sons place, possibly why that one failed pretty early. ::) The other 3.2 and the 3.0,never had a problem ...yet!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.