Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC2013 a question for the boffins  (Read 7275 times)

tanker12uk

• Saltburn by the Sea. Cleveland
    • Elite 3.2V6 2001
    • View Profile
NCDC2013 a question for the boffins
« on: 23 February 2024, 18:34:51 »

Hi Guys
I have managed to reacquire my Miggy after having serious sellers remorse only took 4 years but I have her back a few gremlins have crept in two which are niggling me are on the Head unit
it wont take a date does the time no issue but every time I set the date it defaults back to 1 Dec 2004 silly but it is annoying when it comes up on the display
the second is a pain someone tried to remove the head unit from the car without the right keys and pulled the plastic facia plate away from the head and damaged some of the clips so it does not line up right and all input has to be via the steering wheel controls any one know of a head unit repair guru or maybe a dead head unit I can work with

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC2013 a question for the boffins
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2024, 18:41:46 »

If you have the facility, refreshing the firmware can fix a bucketload of issues on the NCDC and NCDRs.  It seems the flash starts to suffer bit flipping now they are old.

Pretty certain I have no NCDCs any more, I think I binned the last one only a couple of weeks ago.  Now it's possible it's still in the garage bin, I'll take a look over the weekend to see if the faceplate is serviceable.  If not, VXL V6 might have a faceplate?

Trouble is, I know of only 2 perfect NCDC faceplates in the UK, and they are both currently in 2 of Gixer's Omegas ;D.  Any faceplate will have some level of broken clips now.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2024, 19:15:22 »

Pretty sure the faceplate has never been off mine. Which is why Im reluctant to take it out and try and fix its various issues.
A bloke a mile from me has recently acquired a Tech2 for his Saab, but not sure if he has the correct bits (cards? ) to interrogate my car or its headunit.
Not sure I trust his abilities either, as he is a world class bullshit merchant.
For example. He swears blind he can travel the 12 miles (almost all single carriageway, mostly 30 limit roads) from his house to the nearest hospital, in an Astravan, in 7 minutes.
An average speed of over 100mph. I quote "your looking at one of the quickest drivers around". Fickin tawt.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2024, 19:58:00 »

Lying bastard, if he could do it in twice that he would be doing well, knob.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2024, 19:58:37 »

Tell him I said to Fk 0f£.
Laying a rubber road.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2024, 20:23:34 »

it wont take a date does the time no issue but every time I set the date it defaults back to 1 Dec 2004 silly but it is annoying when it comes up on the display

The one in my black car does that, but the older I get the less I seem to be bothered what the time and date is  ;D

the second is a pain someone tried to remove the head unit from the car without the right keys and pulled the plastic facia plate away from the head and damaged some of the clips so it does not line up right and all input has to be via the steering wheel controls any one know of a head unit repair guru or maybe a dead head unit I can work with

I have a few NCDC's here, every one will have damaged clips on the facias though. :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2024, 21:02:12 »

Tell him I said to Fk 0f£.

He would claim he has already met you ,given you a well deserved hiding, and your petrified of him.  ;D
Were talking full Walter Mitty syndrome here.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2024, 21:09:55 »

🤣🤣🤣
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2024, 21:46:18 »

Pretty sure the faceplate has never been off mine. Which is why Im reluctant to take it out and try and fix its various issues.
A bloke a mile from me has recently acquired a Tech2 for his Saab, but not sure if he has the correct bits (cards? ) to interrogate my car or its headunit.
Not sure I trust his abilities either, as he is a world class bullshit merchant.
For example. He swears blind he can travel the 12 miles (almost all single carriageway, mostly 30 limit roads) from his house to the nearest hospital, in an Astravan, in 7 minutes.
An average speed of over 100mph. I quote "your looking at one of the quickest drivers around". Fickin tawt.  ::) ;D
Used to work with a guy like that in my engineering m/c shop. He rapidly gained the name Billy Bullshit.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2024, 10:43:02 »

Unit is identical, just the card is different.  If its the right sized card - they came in 10MB and 32MB IIRC - then TIS (for Vauxhall/Opel) can reprogram the card for Vauxhall/Opel, and TIS (for Saab) can program it back to Saab.

However, I get a nagging feeling Saab used the 10MB card, Vauxhall/Opel is definitely a 32MB card.  The cards themselves are also unusual, in that they are PCMCIA Linear, not the more common PCMCIA ATA.  This means you can't just use a 32MB CompactFlash in a PCMCIA adapter.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 February 2024, 17:54:54 »

I understand.  :y

;D ::) :-\ ??? :o

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 February 2024, 18:55:43 »

I believe you🤣
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2024, 09:29:20 »

I understand.  :y
Ideally, try and grab a 32MB card from Gay of E, with the Vaux/Opel stuff already on it, then just nick his Tech2 when you need it and swap the card to talk to yours. Swap card back when you return it :)

Tech2 hardware does support 2 cards plugged in at the same time, but I don't think the GM software supports that :(
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 February 2024, 11:09:12 »

Sounds like a plan.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.