Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 68699 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: US Election
« Reply #375 on: 08 November 2020, 17:05:05 »

Earlier the BBC news said that Joe Biden had "swept to power!"  ::)

Personally I'd say he "crawled to power, with the whiff of corruption following on!"  :-X
Ah, but the beeb, being entirely neutral, hated Trump with a passion, probably because Trump, correctly, said the BBC were full of shit back in the early days of his Presidency.

Listen to that idiot Sopel in the days leading up to the election, and how excited he was...   ...then how dejected he was in the early forecasts of the election when it looked like it wasn't going the way the neutral BBC wanted...   ...and then his excitement again as Biden started to look more hopeful.  And the dumb ass blonde tart they had on the News channel - the ugly one who likes the sound of her own voice - showing utter bias (neutral bias, obviously, because the BBC are neutral) by not letting Republicans get a word in, but never talking over Democrats.

God, I love the neutral BBC.

It's difficult to like Trump because he is so unlikable, he is a liar, and a bit of a tit. However, I think it disgraceful that the US media channels cut off a sitting US president in the middle of his speech. It is not their place to censor what he has to say. More than seventy million voted for him but the media have sent a big 'f*uck you message' to them all.

Well, no Opti.

What the US media have done is not allow the current President spouting off clear negatives and untruths about the election,
that Biden has currently secured with over 75 million votes, that could encourage violence an further divide down to what?  Unsubstantiated claims  that it was all rigged and unfair without any evidence, with even now some senior Republicans saying enough is enough to Trump.

No, Trump is giving out the " big opps you" message to all Americans that faithfully voted for Biden who has now won. ;)

It is their job to report the news and not to decide what which bits they will ALLOW and which bits they won't. CNN and others of this dubious ilk are not God, Lizzie.

Perhaps the USA has decided to follow the same one -sided news reporting so loved by North Korea. :)

No, their job in a democracy is to censor anything that is offensive, incites violence, threatens the democratic process, and is illegal that they are being asked to broadcast.

What Trump tried to do was rubbish the results of an election, duly held under the terms of the USA electoral system, tried and tested over decades. It was NOT news but pure propaganda.

Oh....I see. They are God. It seems they have power without limit. This is the stuff of 1984.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 08 November 2020, 17:06:19 »

If you bothered to watch it, you'll see that Winsconsin, for example apparently had an 89% turn out.

Not statistically impossible, but equally unlikely, and therefore suspicious.

Trump has been exactly what the US has needed, and Batflu notwithstanding, a second term could be historic in its achievements.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 08 November 2020, 17:08:21 »

Lizzie appears to be unfamiliar with the concept of the First Amendment  :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 08 November 2020, 17:09:42 »

Also Lizzie......'offensive' is subjective. Perhaps 70 million Trump voters were 'offended' because an unelected media boss decided he was the new messiah.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 08 November 2020, 17:11:08 »

Personally I'd say he "crawled to power, with the whiff of corruption following on!"  :-X
Ah, but the beeb, being entirely neutral, hated Trump with a passion, probably because Trump, correctly, said the BBC were full of shit back in the early days of his Presidency.

Listen to that idiot Sopel in the days leading up to the election, and how excited he was...   ...then how dejected he was in the early forecasts of the election when it looked like it wasn't going the way the neutral BBC wanted...   ...and then his excitement again as Biden started to look more hopeful.  And the dumb ass blonde tart they had on the News channel - the ugly one who likes the sound of her own voice - showing utter bias (neutral bias, obviously, because the BBC are neutral) by not letting Republicans get a word in, but never talking over Democrats.

It's difficult to like Trump because he is so unlikable, he is a liar, and a bit of a tit. However, I think it disgraceful that the US media channels cut off a sitting US president in the middle of his speech. It is not their place to censor what he has to say. More than seventy million voted for him but the media have sent a big 'f*uck you message' to them all.

Well, no Opti.

What the US media have done is not allow the current President spouting off clear negatives and untruths about the election,
that Biden has currently secured with over 75 million votes, that could encourage violence an further divide down to what?  Unsubstantiated claims  that it was all rigged and unfair without any evidence, with even now some senior Republicans saying enough is enough to Trump.

No, Trump is giving out the " big opps you" message to all Americans that faithfully voted for Biden who has now won. ;)

It is their job to report the news and not to decide what which bits they will ALLOW and which bits they won't. CNN and others of this dubious ilk are not God, Lizzie.

Perhaps the USA has decided to follow the same one -sided news reporting so loved by North Korea. :)

No, their job in a democracy is to censor anything that is offensive, incites violence, threatens the democratic process, and is illegal that they are being asked to broadcast.

What Trump tried to do was rubbish the results of an election, duly held under the terms of the USA electoral system, tried and tested over decades. It was NOT news but pure propaganda.

Oh....I see. They are God. It seems they have power without limit. This is the stuff of 1984.

No of course they are not God!  They have definite limits to their power, and thank God for that.  1984 will only happen if you ignore the electoral voting system in our democracies to be controlled by a dictator, like Hitler:  just imagine if his propaganda could have been censored by the German media and the offensive distortions and creations of his doctrine removed for what it was.

Trump is trying to be God as he has throughout his Presidency.  If he can lie to shut people he wants to up he will, and that is what he is trying to do. >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 08 November 2020, 17:17:15 »

No I am not!  Trump can and no doubt will pursue his rights within the legal process he intends to follow.

That is very different to using the press during the electoral count to rubbish what 75 million Americans have voted for.

I know you love Trump but blimey, you are not even American so why not just let the situation be as it will undoubtedly be.  An awful lot of people in this world HATE Trump, but thank God it will be the American people that decides his fate, and hopefully not the gun totting militia he has encouraged to rise up. >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 08 November 2020, 17:18:43 »

I know that I am in a minority here, but opps me LZ, that's a an assertion and a half.

In no way, shape or form has Trump pretended to be anything other than the elected President of the United States. Just because he doesn't fit the traditional profile of the role doesn't mean that he shouldn't be in the role. And it certainly doesn't mean that he has done a bad job of it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 08 November 2020, 17:20:06 »

No I am not!  Trump can and no doubt will pursue his rights within the legal process he intends to follow.

That is very different to using the press during the electoral count to rubbish what 75 million Americans have voted for.

I know you love Trump but blimey, you are not even American so why not just let the situation be as it will undoubtedly be.  An awful lot of people in this world HATE Trump, but thank God it will be the American people that decides his fate, and hopefully not the gun totting militia he has encouraged to rise up. >:(
Where has he suggested such a thing?

And as for the First Amendment, try reading it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 08 November 2020, 17:22:34 »

The TV stations did no "simply" cut off Trumps "speech" .. they actively corrected it, or tried to.

It would appear that 7 major stations all did the same , with only CNN and Fox showing the whole "speech"

As an example, MSNBC anchor Brian Williams actually said "'Here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the president of the United States but correcting the president of the United States. There are no illegal votes that we know of, there has been no Trump victory that we know of.'

USA Today, editor-in-chief Nicole Carroll, "President Trump, without evidence, claimed the presidential election was corrupt and fraudulent. We stopped the livestream of his remarks early and have removed the video from all of our platforms. Our job is to spread truth not unfounded conspiracies."

A little research can find further examples of the networks explaining why they took the actions they did.... if they had let the "broadcast" go they would be accused of inciting/supporting false allegations ..

Damned if they do, damned if they don't ... all depends on which side you support ... and I've only seen rampant "Trumpophiles" complaining that he was not allowed to complete his rant. I only wish I had been watching one of the stations that pulled it, instead I had to suffer the whole 17 minutes from the whitehouse livestream .......

As for "freedom of speech" .. a far wiser man than I once said "with freedom comes responsibility" .....  something Trump most certainly does NOT understand .. and he was NOT stopped from saying anything .. its just that his comments were not forced down the throats of viewers ..... .. his "Freedom to speak" was still there ....
« Last Edit: 08 November 2020, 17:26:49 by Entwood »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 08 November 2020, 17:26:20 »

Well, no Opti.

No of course they are not God!  They have definite limits to their power, and thank God for that.  1984 will only happen if you ignore the electoral voting system in our democracies to be controlled by a dictator, like Hitler:  just imagine if his propaganda could have been censored by the German media and the offensive distortions and creations of his doctrine removed for what it was.

Trump is trying to be God as he has throughout his Presidency.  If he can lie to shut people he wants to up he will, and that is what he is trying to do. >:(

But Lizzie.....you have already stated it is the job of the media (God almighty) to censor and control anything they consider offensive and untruthful. Therefore the head of the BBC, ITV, Channel 4/5 should have an absolute right to stop Bojo broadcasting a speech if they don't agree with what he says.

This is 1984 with knobs on. :-X :-* :-*

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 08 November 2020, 17:28:31 »

"Freedom of speech" does not equal "forced to listen" .. there is no god given right to have your speeches transmittesd simply because you want them to be ... if you speak to an empty room, you have still had the right to speak ...

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 08 November 2020, 17:29:08 »

Where has he suggested such a thing?

And as for the First Amendment, try reading it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_in_the_United_States

Have you not seen the news reports over the last view weeks, from the BLM incidents and protests, to the latest coverage by American TV stations? ::) ::) ::)

As for your comment and suggestion I read the Wikipedia explanation......................that is just insulting! >:( >:(

Anyway, enough of all this.  As I have stated before let the Americans decide what is right or not, what needs to be done. 8) 8) :y :y :y

Not some Britisher who loves Trump and will support the vile man to the end of our days. ::) ::) ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 08 November 2020, 17:33:43 »

The TV stations did no "simply" cut off Trumps "speech" .. they actively corrected it, or tried to.

It would appear that 7 major stations all did the same , with only CNN and Fox showing the whole "speech"

As an example, MSNBC anchor Brian Williams actually said "'Here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the president of the United States but correcting the president of the United States. There are no illegal votes that we know of, there has been no Trump victory that we know of.'

USA Today, editor-in-chief Nicole Carroll, "President Trump, without evidence, claimed the presidential election was corrupt and fraudulent. We stopped the livestream of his remarks early and have removed the video from all of our platforms. Our job is to spread truth not unfounded conspiracies."

A little research can find further examples of the networks explaining why they took the actions they did.... if they had let the "broadcast" go they would be accused of inciting/supporting false allegations ..

Damned if they do, damned if they don't ... all depends on which side you support ... and I've only seen rampant "Trumpophiles" complaining that he was not allowed to complete his rant. I only wish I had been watching one of the stations that pulled it, instead I had to suffer the whole 17 minutes from the whitehouse livestream .......

As for "freedom of speech" .. a far wiser man than I once said "with freedom comes responsibility" .....  something Trump most certainly does NOT understand .. and he was NOT stopped from saying anything .. its just that his comments were not forced down the throats of viewers ..... .. his "Freedom to speak" was still there ....

I'm not going to dispute that Trump talks crap 99% of the time.

What worries me is that these 'self appointed guardians' who make up the media decide 'they know best' and therefore they will take total control of what Trump can and can't say.

They don't have to agree with him but it seems disrespectful to cut off  a sitting President like he is a naughty school boy.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 08 November 2020, 17:35:56 »

Well, no Opti.

But Lizzie.....you have already stated it is the job of the media (God almighty) to censor and control anything they consider offensive and untruthful. Therefore the head of the BBC, ITV, Channel 4/5 should have an absolute right to stop Bojo broadcasting a speech if they don't agree with what he says.

This is 1984 with knobs on. :-X :-* :-*

Now you are just taking everything out of context.  We, well I, are talking about Trump rubbishing an election as the democratic process of counting the peoples vote is underway.

That has got nothing to do with what Boris as the Prime Minister, or Sir Keir Starmer as Leader of the Opposition giving a speech in the House of Commons or elsewhere as part of the British democratic process on behalf of the electorate as a whole.

Two vastly different things altogether! ::) ::) ::)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 08 November 2020, 17:36:50 »

I'm not going to dispute that Trump talks crap 99% of the time.

What worries me is that these 'self appointed guardians' who make up the media decide 'they know best' and therefore they will take total control of what Trump can and can't say.

They don't have to agree with him but it seems disrespectful to cut off  a sitting President like he is a naughty school boy.

I also agree it is a worry, but what do they do .. a dispassionate and well put piece can be found here ... IMHO it is well worth a 3 minute read .... (note .. written by an Australian !!)

https://theconversation.com/to-stay-or-cut-away-as-trump-makes-baseless-claims-tv-networks-are-faced-with-a-serious-dilemma-149628
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 54   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.