Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 68695 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: US Election
« Reply #390 on: 08 November 2020, 17:41:07 »

Not to mention the fact that in the face of Twitter and Facebook actively censoring established press, it is easier to go with the leftist narrative than to report what is actually happening and risk being cancelled for not towing the party line.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 08 November 2020, 17:42:49 »

"Freedom of speech" does not equal "forced to listen" .. there is no god given right to have your speeches transmittesd simply because you want them to be ... if you speak to an empty room, you have still had the right to speak ...

https://youtu.be/M3U83QLoATU

I imagine that many people who were 'forced to listen' to Trump would have simply switched off the TV as is their right.  This is 'proper' forced to listen. :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 08 November 2020, 17:44:55 »

Not to mention the fact that in the face of Twitter and Facebook actively censoring established press, it is easier to go with the leftist narrative than to report what is actually happening and risk being cancelled for not towing the party line.

Getting to be predictable now .... when you don't like the question, or the answer,  change the target to one that suits you .....

This WAS a discusion about the TV networks decision to cut trumps speech .. nowt to do with hie twitter posts being labelled although for exactly the same reasons

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 08 November 2020, 17:50:50 »

Getting to be predictable now .... when you don't like the question, or the answer,  change the target to one that suits you .....

This WAS a discusion about the TV networks decision to cut trumps speech .. nowt to do with hie twitter posts being labelled although for exactly the same reasons

Yep, that is what DG does, especially when he loves a person like Trump for doubtful logical reasons, and like his hero ignores general, widespread agreement that what is being claimed is not fact. ;D ;D ;D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 08 November 2020, 18:34:25 »

Mock away.

But consider this:

I don't 'love' Trump as you put it. I like the way that he says what he thinks and does what he says. Sure, he occasionally oversteps with his comments and Tweets, but that is a side effect of how and who he is.

He has always been the underdog, ever since he first ran for President. And I take a certain relish from the fact that he beat Hillary Clinton, if only because it was a resouding punch on the nose to political elitist arrogance. Even Michael Moore could barely bring himself to endorse her, and he's more left leaning than CNN.

Trump isn't perfect, by any means, but neither was he anything like as bad as he could have been. Brash and obnoxious? Probably. But vile? No, that's the preserve of Corbyn/Abbott, Gerry Adams, The Clintons and the like.

The recounts and courts will decide this election. Biden hasn't won it yet.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 08 November 2020, 18:54:03 »

As I said well over 4 years ago, Trump would be the best thing to happen to America for decades. And I think it has been.

His mistake was his honesty about the media, which is every bit as inaccurate/bias/lazy as the Asian state controlled media.  And because then the media hated him because he was pointing out the obvious, he became enemy number one for most western media outlets, including our own.

He was a breath of fresh air after the gormlessness and uselessness of decades of US Presidents. I mean, really? Obama? George Dub? Clinton? All utterly useless wishy washys.

But that brief period od American rebuilding has now been stalled. Poor bastards.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 08 November 2020, 19:27:05 »

While he was possibly always going to be the wrong man to drain the swamp, he recognised the two major issue which need to be solved.
China is taking over the world, and he wanted to stop them, unlike Obama who wasnt even bright enough to notice it was happening.
Secondly, the Liberal left are slowly destroying the Western world from the inside out and he also wanted to stop that.
I fear that the battle may have already been lost though to be honest. Regardless of who is in the Whitehouse, number 10 or any other place, the left hold most of the really important levers of power now, including education and almost all of the media, so its difficult to see how they can be beaten in the long term.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 08 November 2020, 19:39:04 »

I must agree with the last three posts although we all know Trumps not perfect, (far from it) but there again who is? But, he sure has made a good stirring of the pot which I think will probably help in the long run. Only my opinion of course.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 08 November 2020, 19:46:32 »

He's a mong.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 08 November 2020, 19:50:02 »

He's a mong.  ;D

I got told told off for using the word cripple recently. :-\ The word spastic and spaz (as well as mong) was commonly used in my school. Sometimes by the kids. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 08 November 2020, 19:51:23 »

He's a mong.  ;D

I got told told off for using the word cripple recently. :-\ The word spastic and spaz (as well as mong) was commonly used in my school. Sometimes by the kids. :)
No one will tell you off on here. Well, maybe Lizzie.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 08 November 2020, 19:56:38 »

The US needs someone who agrees with Trumps general direction of travel, with Obama,s Charisma and oratory skills. I doubt such a person exists.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 08 November 2020, 20:07:23 »

Mike Pence and Ted Cruz on the next ticket?  :-\

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 08 November 2020, 20:07:51 »

He's a mong.  ;D
                And?
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 08 November 2020, 20:34:20 »

Mike Pence and Ted Cruz on the next ticket?  :-\

Nikki Haley.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 54   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.