Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 button alarm fob  (Read 1466 times)

omegadan67

• northampton
    • View Profile
3 button alarm fob
« on: 08 June 2010, 17:59:30 »

Hi all is there anybody on the forum who repairs alarm fobs? although not an omega i have a Sintra and 1 of the fobs just packed up,and now the rubber has split  i dont fancy going to the stealers for it

thanks in advance

Dan

A little infomation is dangerous in the wrong hands

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: 3 button alarm fob
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2010, 18:10:32 »

Hi all is there anybody on the forum who repairs alarm fobs? although not an omega i have a Sintra and 1 of the fobs just packed up,and now the rubber has split  i dont fancy going to the stealers for it

thanks in advance

Dan

Yes Martin Imber :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2010, 18:17:53 »

Depends if switches same type, not sure he can get the rubber sections either (if he can, he may become my new best friend ;D)
Grumpy old man

GEORDIECOP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2010, 20:48:50 »

Hi all, I had the same problem with my Omega 3 way fob.The boot one and the one for opening the car doors didn't work.One side of the micro switches had come away from the circit board,I had some old Alarm fobs from previous cars that i had.Unsoldier the Micro switches,Had to cut down the the legs things to fit on my fob, Soldied them to my fob,Got another cover from Ebay for a fiver,Better than £110 for a new fob from my local dealer(Glad the key didn't have to be recut).God Knows what that would have cost as well.Have you open it up to have a look.Take a look on Ebay theres all different kinds of switches and covers for car keys,If you can't soldier,Some shops that use a soldier irons should help,for a small charge,Also i like say is I think the switches for the Omega are a bad design,They should have 4 legs rather than 2,Being only 2 legs they are going to break with getting used so many times,I think having 4 legs should stop them breaking  away from the circit board,
« Last Edit: 26 June 2010, 20:58:40 by GEORDIECOP »

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2010, 21:03:10 »

Depends if switches same type, not sure he can get the rubber sections either (if he can, he may become my new best friend ;D)

I wish I could - only supplier on Ebay is a competitor

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2010, 21:04:39 »

The micro switches used are just not that brilliant, even the J bend 4 leg ones go wrong eventually.

The 2 leg ones though, they use a low rated one as OEM. I have found better quality ones for a sensible price

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2010, 14:34:26 »

Reading this thread with interest.

My 'new' MV6 has just had the arches done and the door is off to weld up the mount for the checkstrap as we speak.

But it only has one keyfob. I got one of the new covers for the switches off ebay for £5 and fitted it and it now "sort of" works for the most of the time. The micro switches are defo on the way out.

* Side point the rubbers on ebay are quite stiff and dont have the little perspex window between the main two buttons to see if your battery is duff on a press or not.

So here's my question.

If I want at least 2 keys that work well is it better for me to get an MV6 ecu and two chips from a breakers and fit these chips to two new blank keys - with the PCB's from any other two same spec omega keyfobs that I can find or is there an easier way? Soldering and all that will only get me one that works.

Alternatively a friend of mine gave me a couple of old vectra keys. With a tech 2 could I add these chips to my mv6's brain?

IF there is a simpler / cheaper way for me to get two good keys provided by someone on here I'm interested! (martin?)

Cheers,

Andy

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2010, 23:19:51 »

Seperate the fob from the key and send it to me for repair :y

Martin

mantamania

• Chatham, Kent
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2010, 23:07:03 »

I replaced both my cases from ones of ebay, came with new batteries, easy to fit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 18 queries.