Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Yesterday at 14:16:45 
Started by JamieC2311 - Last post by yousef
I live in Cyprus and have had the same problem.
I got around this problem by removing the switch's put Talcum Powder on it leave it a day then with a soft small paint brush sweep the powder off. I have to do this every two years

on: Yesterday at 13:30:41 
Started by yousef - Last post by yousef
Hallo everybody,
I am new at this computer technology so please forgive me if i make mistakes or go to the wrong department.
I own 2001 vauxhall omega 2.2 with engine code Z22XE.
I love the car but have a problem and hopefully someone at this forum can help.
My water hoses were getting a bit hard, did all the test then sent it to have a pressure test.
Its come back as cracked cylinder head, can it be repaired or can someone shed a light on where i can get one or even a secondhand one.
I am willing to travel anywhere to get this part.
By the way i live in Cyprus and will travel to the UK or anywhere.

on: Yesterday at 12:57:46 
Started by Varche - Last post by TheBoy
Years ago it used to be normal practice when coming up  behind someone you wanted to get past, to give a quick non aggressive flash of the headlights, and more often than not they would move out of the way to let you past.
Do that these days, and someone might just force you off the road and stab you.  :(
At best they will either flick you the V, or refuse to get in. Or both.

on: Yesterday at 12:55:56 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by TheBoy
Finished a head gasket repair on a friends 1.4 Turbo Zaf C.

Been a pig of a job, mainly thanks to the moron garage that has been taking cash for previous work and servicing.

Head skimmed as it had been cooked and warped, broken coolant hose replaced (it had been wrapped in self amalgamating tape), repaired the vac connection from the manifold to the brake servo which had been snapped off and plugged with a bolt, replaced the missing two bolts on the water pump,  fitted a new stat as they had gutted it so no internals (how the hell did they think that would help!).

Got it running and it shat its oil load all over the road as the turbo oil feed pipe fractured due to being distorted/bent and rubbing on the manifold, the chain tensioner also decided it had had enough (head gasket on these is done without removing the chain assembly and timing cover).

I have not seen black death in a cylinder head like this since the days of the crappy Ford CVH lumps, two hours cleaning and a couple of trips through the dish washer (bottom end was not as bad as I dropped the sump to check big ends and the pickup gauze) to get it up to scratch
Yeah, but I bet my Zaf's intakes were shittier than this, LOL

on: Yesterday at 12:49:03 
Started by tomuxzz - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Perhaps I should have been clearer about the video...

There's too much back round noise to hear what the engine is doing, if anything, when the rpm spikes.

No driving and no radio. Just the rpm and the engine.

And for the third or fourth time, have you tried removing and reseating the cluster?

on: Yesterday at 12:29:21 
Started by STEMO - Last post by Doctor Gollum
There aren't too many places to divert to in that part of the world... If you want the aircraft back in one piece that is :-X

on: Yesterday at 12:27:21 
Started by tomuxzz - Last post by tomuxzz
You could always look to find somebody good with a soldering iron, the failure mode on the ABS module is a fractured bond wire, in fact two, (as there are two in parallel to increase current handling), not to hard to repair but it is fiddly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBmT0s8GnY
Great thanks I will try!
And I created another video for rpm problem, Mabey it would more clear.
https://youtu.be/tgfxWicssL8?si=s0sWJNb4javBIs4Y

on: Yesterday at 12:13:21 
Started by STEMO - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
On my India trips recently we have indeed been traveling across Iraq and hanging a left before Ukraine when heading to/from Dubai   :-\

on: Yesterday at 12:09:33 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
Finished a head gasket repair on a friends 1.4 Turbo Zaf C.

Been a pig of a job, mainly thanks to the moron garage that has been taking cash for previous work and servicing.

Head skimmed as it had been cooked and warped, broken coolant hose replaced (it had been wrapped in self amalgamating tape), repaired the vac connection from the manifold to the brake servo which had been snapped off and plugged with a bolt, replaced the missing two bolts on the water pump,  fitted a new stat as they had gutted it so no internals (how the hell did they think that would help!).

Got it running and it shat its oil load all over the road as the turbo oil feed pipe fractured due to being distorted/bent and rubbing on the manifold, the chain tensioner also decided it had had enough (head gasket on these is done without removing the chain assembly and timing cover).

I have not seen black death in a cylinder head like this since the days of the crappy Ford CVH lumps, two hours cleaning and a couple of trips through the dish washer (bottom end was not as bad as I dropped the sump to check big ends and the pickup gauze) to get it up to scratch

on: Yesterday at 11:59:48 
Started by tomuxzz - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
You could always look to find somebody good with a soldering iron, the failure mode on the ABS module is a fractured bond wire, in fact two, (as there are two in parallel to increase current handling), not to hard to repair but it is fiddly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBmT0s8GnY

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 16 queries.