Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Batley and Spen by-election.  (Read 3254 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Batley and Spen by-election.
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2021, 18:37:42 »

Dont get me wrong. I think the same of Burnham as I do of all of his kind. I do think though, that he may be a wise choice for Labour if they want to win back votes in the north of England.
He is quite a shrewd politician, and thats not meant as a compliment.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2021, 18:44:14 »

Dont get me wrong. I think the same of Burnham as I do of all of his kind. I do think though, that he may be a wise choice for Labour if they want to win back votes in the north of England.
He is quite a shrewd politician, and thats not meant as a compliment.
I read the Manchester Evening News, and most of the comments are critical of him. It was on his watch that GMP were caught burying crime reports and falsifying the statistics.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 July 2021, 01:42:34 »

How about the delightful Dawn Butler as new leader.......with the equally demonic Diane Abbott as chancer
.                 Fixed
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 July 2021, 08:55:03 »

Labour hold on with just 323 votes.  George Galloway demands a recount and may take court action.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2021, 10:04:12 »

Labour hold on with just 323 votes.  George Galloway demands a recount and may take court action.  ::)

He's following the Trump playbook(the one written in crayon) as he's only 5 thousand votes behind her.

323 votes out of an electorate of 80,000 is unlikely to be have been declared without at least one recount anyway. Especially in a constituency that has a history of being marginal for both parties.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 July 2021, 11:24:55 »

That's the beauty, or not, of our electoral system. Just one vote will do it, so 323 is well in.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 July 2021, 11:42:31 »

Im watching Starmer, Leadbeater and a group of supporters celebrating her victory, live on SKY news at the moment.
I have seen only one person wearing a mask, and no social distancing whatsoever.
Unbelievable !
I bet plod wont round them up and issue them all with fines.  >:( >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 July 2021, 11:54:27 »

That's the beauty, or not, of our electoral system. Just one vote will do it, so 323 is well in.

You want to be absolutely sure that it's right, so the returning officer - the person who is legally responsible for running an election and the accuracy of the result - will order recounts until they are certain. That is usually done after a discussion with the candidates and council officials. My Dad says that, at least in Medway, the procedure for when the count repeatedly goes a couple of votes each way was to toss a coin. Fortunately, that has never proved to be necessary!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 July 2021, 12:10:08 »

You want to be absolutely sure that it's right, so the returning officer - the person who is legally responsible for running an election and the accuracy of the result - will order recounts until they are certain. That is usually done after a discussion with the candidates and council officials. My Dad says that, at least in Medway, the procedure for when the count repeatedly goes a couple of votes each way was to toss a coin. Fortunately, that has never proved to be necessary!

Which is why Galloway is demanding a recount.  I've seen no suggestion that there has already been one, so surely as a candidate he is well within his rights to request one, whether he is 322 votes behind or 8000 odd.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 July 2021, 12:18:43 »

Which is why Galloway is demanding a recount.  I've seen no suggestion that there has already been one, so surely as a candidate he is well within his rights to request one, whether he is 322 votes behind or 8000 odd.  ::)
Shut it, Donald  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 July 2021, 13:14:26 »

Im watching Starmer, Leadbeater and a group of supporters celebrating her victory, live on SKY news at the moment.
I have seen only one person wearing a mask, and no social distancing whatsoever.
Unbelievable !
I bet plod wont round them up and issue them all with fines.  >:( >:(

Apparently there are people of 'an executive nature' who are immune to covid. This will be the reason. :)

Same with the football.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 July 2021, 13:24:53 »

I meant to include but forgot to, that very low number - ones that only just make it into double figures - majorities are the ones that tend to automatically get one or more recounts before they're announced. As I said, the returning officer is entirely responsible for the election, including the cost, and there are severe penalties for corruption or incompetence or ineptitude. Actually getting a recount after the result has been announced is going to require serious proof of one or more of those. Galloway's "demands" are just posturing.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 July 2021, 14:33:42 »

My biggest disappointment about this contest is that neither the Conservative or Labour party uttered one single word of support for the teacher from Batley Grammar, or one single word of condemnation for the people who forced him to flee. :-\

As for the teaching unions, they just seemed to stare at their feet like naughty children hoping it would all go away.  :-\

What is their purpose if not to support teachers?

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 July 2021, 14:35:35 »

My biggest disappointment about this contest is that neither the Conservative or Labour party uttered one single word of support for the teacher from Batley Grammar, or one single word of condemnation for the people who forced him to flee. :-\

As for the teaching unions, they just seemed to stare at their feet like naughty children hoping it would all go away.  :-\

You're wrong. Leadbeater went public with her support, it was all over the local news.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 July 2021, 14:40:06 »

You're wrong. Leadbeater went public with her support, it was all over the local news.

So what has Starmer and the Labour leadership done to make things right?.....or the spineless Tories for that matter.

Very, very little.

I don't blame them they are all shit scared. :)
« Last Edit: 02 July 2021, 14:41:43 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.