Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X20XEV crankshaft sensor replacement .  (Read 754 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
X20XEV crankshaft sensor replacement .
« on: 16 June 2022, 19:32:01 »

Cut out three times yesterday whilst driving , started on the key immediately each time .
Test revealed 0335 fault code , crankshaft sensor incorrect or open circuit .
New genuine sensor en route from MD .It was last changed 17 years ago by MD so can't really complain.
The "how to " says to remove the engine mount to get at it but looking at it it would seem to be easier (or as much difficulty)  to remove power steering pump as the sensor is right behind .
Anyone changed it by removing pump ?

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
Re: X20XEV crankshaft sensor replacement .
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2022, 12:29:32 »

You have to remove the bracket as the wiring runs between the block and the bracket to prevent it being cooked by the exhaust if I remember from my Cavalier X20XEV

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2022, 19:37:39 »

You have to remove the bracket as the wiring runs between the block and the bracket to prevent it being cooked by the exhaust if I remember from my Cavalier X20XEV

Not sure what you mean .
By bracket do you mean engine mount ?

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2022, 05:03:05 »

Whatever bracket the wiring runs behind as there is not enough room to run the plug between it and the block. On FWD, it is the PAS pump mounting bracket, not done a RWD yet.

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2022, 08:37:51 »

I have done this on an Omega x20xev. I removed the ps pump and the bracket that holds it. As for the engine mount, if i remember correctly the bracket that holds the ps pump and ac pump is bolted to the engine mount in the rear. I unbolted the bracket and removed it leaving the rest of the engine mount in place. Just had room to get it back together without having to undo the rest of the engine mount. Rear end of the bracket is sandwhiched between the engine block and the mount. With one of the engine mount bolts running through and securing the bracket.
The engine i worked one had ac but the ac pump had previously been removed. Bracket and work needed is slightly different on a non ac car.
Removing the ps pump alone will get you nowhere i think. Also aux belt tensioner and dipstick tube must be removed.
Its that big bracket itself that obscures everything. With that out of the way you got all the space in the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.