Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Roe v Wade overturned  (Read 2203 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Roe v Wade overturned
« Reply #45 on: 26 June 2022, 14:27:59 »

I was sorely tempted to reply to the utter drivel, but whats the point ?  ;D
Good point well presented  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 26 June 2022, 14:46:17 »

Which shows how much you understand of the decision LZ  :-X

"We therefore hold that the Constitution does not confer a right to abortion. Roe and Casey must be overruled, and the authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives."

Oh yes, I understand it all only too well!

The American Constitution has and is a real block on the rights of all American’s to lead a modern, and safe, life. It is no way to run a huge country in the 21st century with something drafted in the 18th and so hard to change politically. The failure to address Woman's rights and the infamous right to bear arms legislation within the Constitution all lead to unnecessary deaths, and are not being addressed due to a rigid, square wheeled and unworkable system.

Something will eventually break in American society, which is already polarised and is encouraging civil revolt like that seen on January 6th 2021 because one side cannot accept the others point of view, nor reach any form of compromise, which in a democracy we normally do, but in the USA currently seems not possible.  Sad :'( :'(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26 June 2022, 14:50:25 »

I was sorely tempted to reply to the utter drivel, but whats the point ?  ;D
Good point well presented  ;D

And that is the problem in the USA, which is also spreading to us across the pond.  If you cannot understand something, or appreciate another point of view, let alone reach a compromise just dismiss it as “utter drivel” in one sentence as the ignorant have always done throughout mankind’s history on this planet. It is easier than having to use brain cells to discuss the issue in an educated way between two opposing sides.  Very sad. >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26 June 2022, 14:54:05 »

Considering that men can apparently now be pregnant, that's not very open minded of you.

You can't have it both ways*

*unless you're Bi/Them, in which case, anything goes.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 June 2022, 15:07:04 »

Considering that men can apparently now be pregnant, that's not very open minded of you.

The US is f*ucked.

The religious right believe life is sacred but like guns......whilst the democrats on the left bang on about abortion but can't define what a woman is, and think a man can give birth. ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26 June 2022, 15:07:22 »

Is that the best you can do?! ::) ::) ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26 June 2022, 15:10:34 »

For those who are not particularly squeamish the link below has a photo of the collection of cells that make up an 18 week foetus.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/nov/18/foetus-images-lennart-nilsson-photojournalist

The UK's term limit is 24 weeks and most Western European countries limits are between 12 and 14 weeks. France for example bans abortion after 12 weeks.

Apparently the new laws in Florida, Virginia and Mississippi will ban abortion after 15 weeks making them more liberal than France and most other Western European countries.  Who knew?  ???  ::) 

Some US states will of course enact complete bans. :-\

And that is the problem.

Women must have the right to decide whether or not to keep a pregnancy up to an acceptable time limit. They may be pregnant due to being rapped, or forced upon by a predatory male husband or partner, or discover that a serious medical situation is now involved in their case.

It is not a case of falling pregnant and deciding you cannot afford it so don’t get pregnant in the first place.  That is a typical ignorant male argument who cannot envisage there being many other factors in each case of a women finding out she is expecting.

We as women have the right to decide, within a decent time limit, what will happen to our bodies and psychological state if we continue with a pregnancy. It should be no one’s business but that of the women given her circumstances, and in the context of the USA that is being discussed in this thread, the huge financial commitment as they will not benefit from a free health care system.

It cannot be down to any man to decide the rules for a women up to a certain time limit, may it be 14, 24, or any other limit of weeks, as they can simply walk away from it all if so inclined to do so. It must always be down to the women to decide her fate at that stage, and that of the collection of cells she has inside her.

What has transpired in the US is a real step backwards, and a further step in the decline of that once great country.  This is a very divisive legal / political decision that has instantly further divided this nation, which in recent years is adding to my belief that, like all great empires, is now imploding after their American century.  For US women though, they will now suffer from this bad decision and many lives will be lost due to the medically correct early pregnancy decisions not being able to be enacted to terminate due to a legal / political decision taken by their Supreme Court. :'( :'( :'(

I tend to agree with most of what Lizzie says.....I shall now lay down in a darkened room.

The 'travel part' puts me in mind of the NI situation were women would come across to England. I think the law has now been changed.

;D ;D ;D Thanks Opti :y

It may surprise you but I do actually agree with you on more than you think. That is once I allow for your posts designed for a male orientated forum…… :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26 June 2022, 15:14:09 »

https://youtu.be/kIQ9R25hXPo

Speaking of men giving birth ( and having an abortion) and other 'emperors new clothes b*ollocks'

I thought this pair were kids TV presenters because of the colours, but sadly no....... :-X :-X :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26 June 2022, 15:14:19 »

The US is f*ucked.

The religious right believe life is sacred but like guns......whilst the democrats on the left bang on about abortion but can't define what a woman is, and think a man can give birth. ;D ;D ;D

You see Opti, I totally agree with that point of view as I have been warning about it for years now :y

Very sad, but more than that it means dictators existing, like Putin, and others to come will gamble on that fact and do what they want to do without the fear / respect of the USA that would have existed in the past.

Bad news for all in the democratic world. :( :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.