Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ironic  (Read 1821 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Ironic
« on: 01 July 2022, 18:29:06 »

Tory MP Chris Pincher has been suspended after groping allegations!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ironic
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2022, 19:12:07 »

Groping men. :-X :-X

Exactly what sort of man is he? ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2022, 23:20:27 »

Bent man with penis but doesn’t know what it’s for…Wan£er.
Laying a rubber road.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2022, 23:35:15 »

Regardless of political party, it strikes me that many MPs live in a bubble in which they think they can do what they want with no consequences. And not just Tories, Labour is equally guilty.

I worked for a big American company some years ago. Our instructions were "Never do anything you would not want on the front page of a newspaper". Not a bad idea . . .
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2022, 00:17:10 »

Yes no matter what party,  we’re paying them!  They have a duty to
at least look like they’re decent.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 July 2022, 11:05:22 »

The problem is that all politicians are just citizens out of our society, so come with all the flaws and evils of the rest. I have this feeling though that once they become an MP they believe they can do anything they like. Bastards!! >:(

But they certainly must be weeded out and thrown out of Parliament no matter what colour of their party.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2022, 12:47:59 »

The problem is that all politicians are just citizens out of our society, so come with all the flaws and evils of the rest. I have this feeling though that once they become an MP they believe they can do anything they like. Bastards!! >:(

But they certainly must be weeded out and thrown out of Parliament no matter what colour of their party.
Our local MP WAS David Chator .... he thought he could play the system ... he couldn't & was sent to gaol!   :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2022, 14:48:22 »

Our local MP WAS David Chator .... he thought he could play the system ... he couldn't & was sent to gaol!   :y

Yep, as I think so many of them do………..including, and especially Boris!  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2022, 17:58:24 »

It should be much much easier to get rid of bad MP's.

A criminal conviction should be an automatic sacking offence triggering a by election for example.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2022, 18:45:00 »

It should be much much easier to get rid of bad MP's.

A criminal conviction should be an automatic sacking offence triggering a by election for example.  :y

I don't really agree. An MP should be there to represent the constituents that vote for them. I don't think there should be a way for the press, or public opinion, or the party, or even parliament to sack them. The only way should be if the constituents that voted for them withdraw their consent, or they are unable to take their seat (by being in jail for instance). AIUI all of that is already in place. https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05089/

If a constituency votes in Adolf Hitler* standing for the Nazi Party* then that is the will of that constituency. If the rest of the country interfere in that principle then that's a problem for me. So until Adolf gets locked up, then only his constituents should have a say in whether he continues or not, and under most circumstances that decision it taken (at most) every 5 years.

*Yes I know I've lost the argument by invoking Godwins Law.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 July 2022, 20:14:33 »

How about changing the rules so a criminal conviction automatically triggers a by election ?
That would allow the constituents to reconsider their previous decision with the benefit of new information on the person they elected.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 July 2022, 23:14:12 »

How about changing the rules so a criminal conviction automatically triggers a by election ?
That would allow the constituents to reconsider their previous decision with the benefit of new information on the person they elected.

All criminal convictions? So anyone convicted of (say) speeding? Yes speeding is a criminal offence in the UK.

The current rule is any MP convicted of something and sentanced to 1 year or more in prison. The point is the electorate should consider the moral compass of their elected MP BEFORE they elect them, not after. If the electorate neglect their duty to chose the best candidate then they must live with that mistake for up to 5 years.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 July 2022, 23:32:34 »

Point taken about speeding. But the electorate in reality usually dont know much about the person they are voting for.
The party machine spins things to make them all seem to be the lovechild of Attlee / Bevan / Churchill / Thatcher etc. etc. depending on the party and the Constituency.
People tend to vote for the party rather than the candidate, because it represents their views closer than the other parties.
Or often its just tribal loyalty like supporting a football team.
I just try and seek out the most right wing candidate, which is far from easy these days.  ;D
Maybe an automatic by election if found guilty of an offence which can carry a custodial sentence of a year or more ?
Although in theory, Police forces could target MP,s they dont like to try and get them convicted and get rid of them.
Many Police forces these days seem to be run by the Liberal left, so the Tories could be in a lot of trouble with that outcome.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 July 2022, 13:02:29 »

6 more allegations have been made against Pincher ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 July 2022, 17:42:24 »

He's certainly aptly named.  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.