Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AC compressor  (Read 4337 times)

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
Re: AC compressor
« Reply #30 on: 08 July 2022, 23:03:57 »

I would rather push omega than drive renault

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 July 2022, 15:27:04 »

The volume of A/C refrigerant should be on the white sticker on the front slam panel visible with bonnet open.

Mine shows :
Refrigerant..R134a
950grams
Compressor Lubricant PAG refer to GME specification.

So I recon if your A/C guy is telling you he has put 700 grams into the system ...he is wrong  :(.I would suggest you get a full refund as he appears to of not done the job correctly and possibly caused damage by sending you away with a incorrectly working system.

Take it to a proper A/C provider and question them first as to what they intend replacing entire gas/il charge with and only pay when you see the print out of pressures and air vent temperatures.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 July 2022, 18:03:32 »

I wonder if it's being refiled with that new gas (R1234YF) instead of R134a?

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 July 2022, 18:13:19 »

No, it wasR134a...problem is it was only filled up with 700 grams...enough to engage the copressor, not enough to properly cool.

And I did some dismanteling of the dead ac compressor..the are metal parts you don't want to see in it...so to the system cleaning it goes anyway :-\...this will cost an arm and a leg all new parts included.
Talking about the new ac compressor I bought fee days ago, I installed it on my other V6 with dead ac.
I'll take her to recharge on monday, insist to fill it with 900 grams and will report on the result. It should work

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 July 2022, 19:00:39 »

950g  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 July 2022, 21:24:00 »

You might find the warranty on the new compressor system is void unless the system is rebuilt :-\

Lines can be flushed through, but evap/condenser /drier/expansion valve technically require replacement...
Onanists always think outside the box.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 July 2022, 08:42:42 »

Few years ago my old Elite required a new compressor.Guy who has done my A/C for many years checked through and found small pieces of metal inside the old compressor unions so suspected it had contaminated the entire system.

Had all lines cleaned along with new expansion valve which was a total nightmare to replace but we ended up getting it all renewed but even at "mates rates" it was a very pricey job.....but the A/C worked again.

As nice as A/C is when things go wrong expect the costs to be significant. :(

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 July 2022, 19:49:19 »

Update:
I took old girl 2.5, which now has new ac compressor, to recharge with 950 grams of gas.  Happy to report she changed into a freezer box today, ac works really nice.

Then I took 3.0 with known good compressor to recharge, and there is no better result than before.
The system took 950 grams, started compressor clutch and no cold air from vents.
It seems to have bigger issue.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 July 2022, 22:56:52 »

Can you get any air at all from your vents hot or cold?
Laying a rubber road.

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 July 2022, 23:18:47 »

Only hot/ outside temperature air

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 July 2022, 04:24:22 »

High pressure hose stays warm even when ac compressor is running, condenser and dryer were replaced two years ago, I've read here there are cases of expansion valve fail but I can't seem to find any "how to" anywhere. It's a shame, because it's a major dashboard out job. Even on LHD Omegas

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 July 2022, 10:01:28 »

High pressure hose stays warm even when ac compressor is running, condenser and dryer were replaced two years ago, I've read here there are cases of expansion valve fail but I can't seem to find any "how to" anywhere. It's a shame, because it's a major dashboard out job. Even on LHD Omegas

The high pressure hose will be warm. The compressor compresses the refridgerant and that gets it hot. It then passes through the condenser (radiator) where heat is lost to the atmosphere, but if the atmosphere is at 20-30C then the refridgerant will never cool to less than that, so the temperature after the condenser will still be warm/hot. The refridgerant  then goes to the expansion valve, where its squirted through a small hole. This causes the refridgerant to expand, reduce pressure and get cold (like 0C) all at the same time. The now cold refridgerant then passes through the evaporator inside the heater matrix where external air is blown over it. This causes the air to get colder and the refridgerant to get warmer, but again, the refridgerant will always be below the air temperature. Therefore the Low pressure side will often be in the 5-10 Deg C range.

High Pressure = Warm
Low Pressure = Cold.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 July 2022, 21:32:41 »

The expansion valve can be removed on  rhd by removing heater fan glove box,airbag, and lots of swearing,
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.