Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: High temperature on highway in summer  (Read 3043 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: High temperature on highway in summer
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2022, 17:52:01 »

And just to reineforce what has been said by me and now Amba,  I have just been into town through a lot of heavy traffic, often stationary.

It is 21.5C outside with a/c on, and my temp gauge, which I do not normally closely monitor, but for the purposes of this thread I did, went to 97.5 / 98.  But everytime it went back to 95.5.

As I said before, nothing happens, it is all quite normal for a big engined Omega, as is the blast of hot air when you get out of your drivers door! :D

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 July 2022, 22:37:05 »

Some perspective. What's the outside temperature when you're doing this?

More than 30℃, almost 35℃ but I would say that it starts to happen after 30℃, in winter it has gone well. Maybe the A/C increases the problem

My previous post believed as you live in Spain, and in certain parts have had record breaking temperatures recently, you had experienced at least 30 degrees+.  My answer accounted for that, and certainly when I have run my 3+ litre Omega’s in outside temperatures of the same level at speed along motorways for long periods, my gauge also ran to over 95+ degrees.

So, personally, I would not worry about yours running at high temperatures.  As I said, our big engined Omega’s are always running hot, especially in hot weather, which you feel when you step out of the drivers door and the heat roasts your legs! ;D ;)

Si, 40°C son habituales por aqui, de ahi mi preocupacion al ver subir la temperatura a menos de 35. Cuando hablas de 95, te refieres a lectura obd o segun la aguja del cuadro?
He visto lo del radiador adicional, pero mi duda es, parece que es un radiador de aceite para la caja, pero las tomas salen del radiador de agua, seria usarlo de apoyo para agua?

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 July 2022, 22:41:05 »

Agreed with all above.

My 3.2 normal sits at 92.5 to 95.0 on most days.When summer arrives and outside temp gets up into high 20,s to 30 it often goes up to 97.5 when pressing on especially up hills.

Its perfectly normal and given the temp gauges are notorious for being inaccurate I would not be at all concerned.

If it goes above 100 or into the red then worry but otherwise dont concern yourself

Mine normally goes below 90 measured by obd, by the needle of the box below the middle, when it marked 97 the needle was in the middle. So if it went up slightly above it would still go normal?

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 July 2022, 22:48:48 »

And just to reineforce what has been said by me and now Amba,  I have just been into town through a lot of heavy traffic, often stationary.

It is 21.5C outside with a/c on, and my temp gauge, which I do not normally closely monitor, but for the purposes of this thread I did, went to 97.5 / 98.  But everytime it went back to 95.5.

As I said before, nothing happens, it is all quite normal for a big engined Omega, as is the blast of hot air when you get out of your drivers door! :D

So I can't complain, with that outside temperature it doesn't go above 90°C (just before the middle), in the city it hardly reaches the electric fan zone (and mine jumps to 95). The heat thing when stopping reassures me too, the heat it leaves in the garage seemed excessive to me, but I see that it is normal  ;D
Thank you for taking the trouble to check the temperature. :y

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2022, 20:22:04 »

If you put an pfl auto radiator in,using the in built cooler,will run about 5' cooler,  3.2 runs slightly warmer than 3.0L..

Blow the radiator fins out,from the back forward, if still warm change the thermostat, still runs warm, might be a blockage, check rad gets warm all over.

Well, searching for information I have seen that the extra radiator is for the gearbox oil and that for some reason it also exchanges in the water radiator and then in the extra radiator, is that correct? Because then you couldn't use it to cool any more unless you use it to cool the oil and override the water/oil exchanger. Has anyone installed an oil cooler?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 16 queries.