Chat Area > General Car Chat

Tracking build and delivery of new car.

(1/9) > >>

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
It's 2 months (19th May) since I paid a £1000 deposit to secure my new car. I actually wanted a used model but the price for these is currently anywhere between £3000-£12000 more than a new one. It's crazy at the moment. :-X

Anyway, I contacted the dealer to ask how the build was progressing but the only information was " We think some time around December, can't tell you any more at the moment I'm afraid." :-\

It's 2022, surely there is a way to track  the build date and delivery.

The car is being assembled in Mexico so I can only assume the workers are fast asleep under a sombrero for 23 hours each day. >:D

TheBoy:
Roughly translated, the dealer CBA to check with manufacturer ;D

Though with the shortages, production date estimates are as accurate as a Jag trip computer,...

Doctor Gollum:
By the time they remember what colour you ordered, the used ones will be affordable  :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 21 July 2022, 13:15:10 ---Roughly translated, the dealer CBA to check with manufacturer ;D

Though with the shortages, production date estimates are as accurate as a Jag trip computer,...

--- End quote ---

Yes. My thoughts.

Apparently the wide-boy salesman I did the paperwork with is on holiday. I'm guessing the sales manager couldn't be arsed to check thoroughly.

TB....perhaps you could start your cull with a few car dealers. The world won't miss them. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 21 July 2022, 13:17:23 ---By the time they remember what colour you ordered, the used ones will be affordable  :D

--- End quote ---

I have provisionally ordered 'Thundernight' ( because Mrs Opti likes it) but I'm not sure if it is a bit too much of a 'in yer face' colour. ;D

Looks like I'll have plenty of time to reconsider.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version