Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 111   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 148403 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #555 on: 06 March 2023, 11:18:25 »

My doctor.

Had a sinus infection all weekend. I get one or two a year, a week on antibiotics and job done, although being allergic to penecilin, means the stuff I usually have is brutally effective but a side effect is sunlight makes me nauseous, so no working whilst on them. And as I have a week off, it makes sense to stop the infection stone dead.

Amoxicillin?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 06 March 2023, 11:19:47 »

My doctor.

Had a sinus infection all weekend. I get one or two a year, a week on antibiotics and job done, although being allergic to penecilin, means the stuff I usually have is brutally effective but a side effect is sunlight makes me nauseous, so no working whilst on them. And as I have a week off, it makes sense to stop the infection stone dead.

Amoxicillin?  ???
That's the stuff. Vicious bastid, but gets it done.  :D

Never need a second course.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 06 March 2023, 11:20:16 »

My doctor.

Amoxicillin?  ???
Amoxicillin is penicillin
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 06 March 2023, 11:22:36 »

Many of my neighbours have recently started to park partially on the pavement. I know that modern cars are far bigger than their older equivalents, but it's still possible for the dustcart(and recovery trucks going to the garage) to get past when they're parked properly. Nor does it create any extra spaces, as it's often necessary to park 1/4 mile away when getting home late. have I missed some vital update why this is happening, as it's not been needed for the last fifty years?

Every house in our road has a garage some with double garages, but it's only one other neighbour & myself that garage our vehicles most of the others are filled with rubbish, very strange to leave thousands of pounds worth of vehicles in the driveway or in the road when you could keep them under cover nowt so strange as folk !
Apart from those with double garages, nobody puts their cars in the garage in our road.  Every house has a garage, and the posh ones in the corners have doubles.

To be honest, even if my garage was empty, I'm not sure mine would fit.  I can only assume the doubles here are longer, as well as much wider.

I guess we're lucky, as all houses in our road can take 3 cars, usually one behind the other.  Trouble is, with kids lingering at home longer, most homes have 3 or more cars.  Still, thats better than the new estate across the road, that for the most part, get a single allocated parking spot.  How many households are a single car household.  Still, means they can block emergency vehicles by parking like retards on the main drag through the estate.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 06 March 2023, 11:23:58 »

It is indeed. Last time I took a single tablet of the stuff (general election day 2010) I went into anaphylactic shock within half an hour and almost died before the ambulance got here.
Never again.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 06 March 2023, 11:24:42 »

My doctor.

Amoxicillin?  ???
Amoxicillin is penicillin
Doxycycline is the actual thing.
Clarythmocyin is the alternative but not as efficient.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 06 March 2023, 11:26:30 »

Just got back from the quacks, confirmed that I had the ailment I suspected, which the pharmacist that 111 sent me to Saturday categorically said I did not have.

Fortunately, quack reckons I caught it just soon enough that a course of antivirals should sort it faster than having to suffer the full effects.

Of course, being a packed out walk-in session, I had to sit in the waiting room next to the bloke who had covid, so maybe I can have some of that as well.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 06 March 2023, 13:28:30 »

Many of my neighbours have recently started to park partially on the pavement. I know that modern cars are far bigger than their older equivalents, but it's still possible for the dustcart(and recovery trucks going to the garage) to get past when they're parked properly. Nor does it create any extra spaces, as it's often necessary to park 1/4 mile away when getting home late. have I missed some vital update why this is happening, as it's not been needed for the last fifty years?

Every house in our road has a garage some with double garages, but it's only one other neighbour & myself that garage our vehicles most of the others are filled with rubbish, very strange to leave thousands of pounds worth of vehicles in the driveway or in the road when you could keep them under cover nowt so strange as folk !
Apart from those with double garages, nobody puts their cars in the garage in our road.  Every house has a garage, and the posh ones in the corners have doubles.

To be honest, even if my garage was empty, I'm not sure mine would fit.  I can only assume the doubles here are longer, as well as much wider.

I guess we're lucky, as all houses in our road can take 3 cars, usually one behind the other.  Trouble is, with kids lingering at home longer, most homes have 3 or more cars.  Still, thats better than the new estate across the road, that for the most part, get a single allocated parking spot.  How many households are a single car household.  Still, means they can block emergency vehicles by parking like retards on the main drag through the estate.

Mine is a double the Range Rover fits easily + the Subaru there's enough room in-between for a large motorcycle at present ( storing for a friend) I can also get 4 vehicles in the driveway have even got a couple on the lawn before now, also plenty of room for the caravan when I bring it home to clean or load up, made sure when we moved that this house was " fit for purpose".
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 11 March 2023, 13:32:55 »

Have been watching that breakdown program on channel 5, commentary does my head in. Wrong facts and making a drama out of nothing. The American hot rod/car programs aren't much better, last night building a Smokey and Bandit replica " oh look we find the boot floor is rotted out". The replacement one was in a pile with the new rear wings  in a shot ages before!! 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 11 March 2023, 13:47:36 »

Have to say, GMG has improved no end now that it is produced in house.  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 11 March 2023, 17:28:48 »

This afternoon was supposed to be spent fitting new discs / pads / calipers on the rear of Sons Civic.
Stripped everything off one side. Opened the box to get one of the discs out and found a disc with a four stud pattern when the car is five stud. Bloody ebay.  >:(
Did a 20 mile round trip to Eurocraprats and picked up a pair of five stud pattern discs which spooty yoof assured me would be the correct ones.
Got back home and found it doesnt fit. Correct amount of holes, but in the wrong place.  >:( >:(
Stupid of me not to take the old disc with me to check. I should have known better.  >:(
Got to put the old disc on tomorrow so he can use the car for work on Monday, then source the correct discs, but wont be able to fit them until he is wfh next friday.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 11 March 2023, 18:54:19 »

Do Honda still do fixed price menu work where a brake service costs the same whether it is a Jazz or an NSX :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 11 March 2023, 19:07:01 »

My doctor.

Amoxicillin?  ???
That's the stuff. Vicious bastid, but gets it done.  :D

Never need a second course.

I hear that in the old days a small dose of arsenic or cyanide would clear it up. ::) ::)

Arsenic was used in many Victorian beauty products for women. :)

Give it a go. What's the worst that could happen? :)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 11 March 2023, 20:25:00 »

I hear that in the old days a small dose of arsenic or cyanide would clear it up. ::) ::)

It's a lot safer than it used to be. Most people use either safety razors or electric razors. Therefore the danger of accidentally sitting on a razor blade has reduced dramatically. ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 11 March 2023, 20:52:30 »

It's a lot safer than it used to be. Most people use either safety razors or electric razors. Therefore the danger of accidentally sitting on a razor blade has reduced dramatically. ::)

Less house fires because of less candles.

I wonder how many men came home pissed from the local whorehouse or tavern only to knock over the candle and burn the house down.......along with their own demise. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 111   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.