Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Headlight Range  (Read 6686 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight Range
« Reply #45 on: 11 January 2023, 18:41:07 »

Oops, should have read the whole thread.

LZ - as DG says, the first pic is the suspension level sensor (only fitted to Elites).  You have now found the correct ones, they are fitted in the same place on all Omegas fitted with HIDs (MFL MV6 and Elites, and FL MV6, CDX and Elites).

If your "fix" doesn't work long term, it should be possible to fabricate a new rod and ball joints.  And now you know which sensor and where it is, that makes life easier.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11 January 2023, 18:59:15 »

Oops, should have read the whole thread.

LZ - as DG says, the first pic is the suspension level sensor (only fitted to Elites).  You have now found the correct ones, they are fitted in the same place on all Omegas fitted with HIDs (MFL MV6 and Elites, and FL MV6, CDX and Elites).

If your "fix" doesn't work long term, it should be possible to fabricate a new rod and ball joints.  And now you know which sensor and where it is, that makes life easier.

Indeed TB, although I hope my “repair” will last long enough for me not to revisit this ::) ;D ;D ;)

But yes, due to the advice, I can see what I could do for a more permanent fix  :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 January 2023, 21:59:19 »

Indeed TB, although I hope my “repair” will last long enough for me not to revisit this ::) ;D ;D ;)

But yes, due to the advice, I can see what I could do for a more permanent fix  :)

I have the bits - ballstuds, plastic housings and LH/RH threaded rod - to make a new droplink if you're interested.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12 January 2023, 00:09:47 »

I’ve had headlight position warning on since I bought the car I ignore it as my lights appear to be ok anyway😎

But mine is due an MOT, so would this not amount to a “Failure” ?  How did you get around that please? ???
                Sorry Lizz missed that, my mot guy has a dodgy eye on times👀👀🤭
Laying a rubber road.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12 January 2023, 09:05:09 »

I’ve had headlight position warning on since I bought the car I ignore it as my lights appear to be ok anyway😎

But mine is due an MOT, so would this not amount to a “Failure” ?  How did you get around that please? ???

Because without a working sensor the headlights won't move. Which in turn means you can adjust them to pass an MOT**

** the MOT requirement is that they don't blind oncoming traffic, not that you can see where you going, so tweaking them down and to the left is usually good enough.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12 January 2023, 10:10:14 »

Aren't any MOTers now shitty on dash lights (granted on an Omega, the warning isn't on the dash binnacle)?
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 12 January 2023, 11:14:55 »

Indeed TB, although I hope my “repair” will last long enough for me not to revisit this ::) ;D ;D ;)  :-*

I have the bits - ballstuds, plastic housings and LH/RH threaded rod - to make a new droplink if you're interested.

Yes please Nick :y :y

The part that is faulty is the fixing on the wishbone, and I suppose the drop link that must be worn.  But you know what I will need, thanks.

Please let me know how much I must send you and I will give you my address via PM. :-* :-*
« Last Edit: 12 January 2023, 11:21:56 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12 January 2023, 11:16:36 »

Because without a working sensor the headlights won't move. Which in turn means you can adjust them to pass an MOT**

** the MOT requirement is that they don't blind oncoming traffic, not that you can see where you going, so tweaking them down and to the left is usually good enough.

Thanks Raeturbo and Nick, now I understand. :y :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12 January 2023, 12:55:15 »

I was lucky enough to have had my headlight positioning paraphernalia fail in a range where the lights are not too high and not too low :y
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 18 queries.