Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sealed for life" Washing Machine Bearings  (Read 2672 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: "Sealed for life" Washing Machine Bearings
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2022, 15:54:27 »

Such policies have their uses, but are generally a waste of money...

Save the premium and the new machine will pay for itself. £15 a month saved will buy a new appliance every three years.

Wrong again! ::) ::)

I pay just £3.85 for my washing protection, and as with all my D&G policies, I get my money worth and peace of mind overall with what I get back. ;)
Or buy a decent washing machine in the first place and budget to save up for it :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2022, 16:11:11 »

My mum uses those domestic appliance insurance. It works for her. No idea what she pays, and it doesn't cover really old stuff either if deemed irrepairable.

She's not in a position to fix stuff like that herself, and she seems to have dreadful trouble getting tradespeople to come (I know that feeling with bastard builders round here  >:(), so having a nice man turn up the next day and pull out her (fitted) appliances to fix them probably is "value", no matter what the cost, within reason.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2022, 16:40:11 »

Such policies have their uses, but are generally a waste of money...

Save the premium and the new machine will pay for itself. £15 a month saved will buy a new appliance every three years.

Wrong again! ::) ::)

I pay just £3.85 for my washing protection, and as with all my D&G policies, I get my money worth and peace of mind overall with what I get back. ;)
Or buy a decent washing machine in the first place and budget to save up for it :-X

Good grief  ;D ;D  Is there any thread that is safe from you?  ::)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2022, 16:52:44 »

£3.85 seems very reasonable, Lizzie.  :y
I usually buy Samsung washing machines, I got a five year warranty with the current one.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2022, 17:11:48 »

I usually buy Samsung washing machines, I got a five year warranty with the current one.

They are good machines Steve, but I have a preference for Hotpoint / Bosch appliances, which contrary to DG opinions are also good, long lasting machines. 

I never buy cheap versions, and with washing machines / tumble dryers go for 9kg load models.  They rarely give me any issues, but when they do I know a nice man comes along to keep them running. At no extra cost. Mine usually last around 7 years on that basis.

The cooker , dish washer and fridge freezer are also covered so I have complete piece of mind, plus I have D&G rewards building up to go towards replacements if necessary. ;)

« Last Edit: 09 March 2022, 17:13:27 by Lizzie Zoom »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2022, 17:14:16 »

£3.85 is very reasonable, shame the lowest we could get from them was £7 per month, fixed for 3 years, on a brand new Bosch washing machine.  :-\  (2 of those being still in the guarantee period)  ::)  Then the premium gradually creeps up, until you phone to cancel, and then it comes down again.  ;D
As I said previously, if you bail out before the year is up, you get charged in full for any repairs that have been carried out within that term.

Edit:
Just been corrected by her who operates it, the D&G premium offer was £9 per month fixed for 3 years, for the new machine.  ::)
« Last Edit: 09 March 2022, 17:17:48 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2022, 17:23:39 »

£3.85 is very reasonable, shame the lowest we could get from them was £7 per month, fixed for 3 years, on a brand new Bosch washing machine.  :-\  (2 of those being still in the guarantee period)  ::)  Then the premium gradually creeps up, until you phone to cancel, and then it comes down again.  ;D
As I said previously, if you bail out before the year is up, you get charged in full for any repairs that have been carried out within that term.

Edit:
Just been corrected by her who operates it, the D&G premium offer was £9 per month fixed for 3 years, for the new machine.  ::)

I do not know how D&G calculate the risk / premium, but I suspect the potential costs of repair and the parts for each brand is a big factor.  The D&G organised repair engineer I have found, for both my and my daughters Hotpoint’s, to be always a Hotpoint guy and know my machines backwards. ;) :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 March 2022, 17:25:41 »

They are good machines Steve, but I have a preference for Hotpoint / Bosch appliances, which contrary to DG opinions are also good, long lasting machines. 

We just binned a four year old Hotpoint washing machine. It had to have a new programmer circuit board fitted at just ONE WEEK old, and another at ten months old. The reason we took out the D&G cover was because we expected more trouble out of the warranty period. Typically it's not gone wrong since  ::), until the howling drum bearings, but it's put us off Hotpoint. It's been howling on spin mode for some time now, they just ain't made like they used to be.  ;D
« Last Edit: 09 March 2022, 17:30:40 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 March 2022, 17:36:05 »

We just binned a four year old Hotpoint washing machine. It had to have a new programmer circuit board fitted at just ONE WEEK old, and another at ten months old. The reason we took out the D&G cover was because we expected more trouble out of the warranty period. Typically it's not gone wrong since  ::), until the howling drum bearings, but it's put us off Hotpoint. It's been howling on spin mode for some time now, they just ain't made like they used to be.  ;D

But that is where D&G step in and give you a lovely new drum and you keep the machine going until the overloads catch up with it, then the process with D&G repeats itself! ;D ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 March 2022, 17:46:14 »

Checked that bearing supplier sadly they can’t help.

Zanussi are absolute b@stards. I can’t believe I may have to scrap this machine over a £10 bearing  >:( :( :( :( >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 March 2022, 18:41:10 »

They are usually for 'parts only'

Any  repairas have to be done by the manufacturer at sky high labour rates.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 March 2022, 18:49:34 »

The 'repairas' on mine are included in the warranty  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 March 2022, 18:55:23 »

Our machine still has the 5 year parts warranty sticker on the front because I couldn't be arsed to peel it off.

It's a Hotpoint that was replaced free of charge last year because of some safety recall or other. We'd had the old machine about 4 years, I think.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 March 2022, 19:00:34 »

Our machine still has the 5 year parts warranty sticker on the front because I couldn't be arsed to peel it off.

It's a Hotpoint that was replaced free of charge last year because of some safety recall or other. We'd had the old machine about 4 years, I think.
I had to go online and create a Samsung account to get the 5 year warranty. Give them all of my personal info. Doesn't matter, I just marked their first marketing email as spam and all future ones were automatically binned.  :)
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 March 2022, 19:59:35 »

He'll probably get a Spanish repair man turn up at his door. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.