Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: aviation and films  (Read 3397 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Re: aviation and films
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2013, 22:36:28 »

The absurdity of binning the Harrier fleet will become apparent when the new carriers are launched with no aircraft to fly aboard. perhaps someone has a cunning plan? so the ark royal is being scrapped, HMS Illustrious has stepped into the role of helicopter carrier while HMS ocean is in for her planned refit, but she will go in 2014. Am I missing something here, why are we building new aircraft carriers? No fighters will be ready, AEW will be aboard but in what form? What wil the flotilla consist of? So a shift to carrier borne defence will be the new strategy will it. I`m totally confused. 

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: aviation and films
« Reply #31 on: 05 February 2013, 23:24:53 »

The absurdity of binning the Harrier fleet will become apparent when the new carriers are launched with no aircraft to fly aboard. perhaps someone has a cunning plan? so the ark royal is being scrapped, HMS Illustrious has stepped into the role of helicopter carrier while HMS ocean is in for her planned refit, but she will go in 2014. Am I missing something here, why are we building new aircraft carriers? No fighters will be ready, AEW will be aboard but in what form? What wil the flotilla consist of? So a shift to carrier borne defence will be the new strategy will it. I`m totally confused.

Someone in the upper echelons of the MOD decided it'd be impressive to have his name on the purchase order so he could tell his grandchildren "I bought that". Assuming he's still alive by the time the thing is delivered. ::)

;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.