Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Camping  (Read 3465 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Camping
« Reply #45 on: 09 November 2007, 19:27:15 »

I have a tent that will be far better for you and Maria, doesn't take up a lot of space in the car, up within a minute, two fit snuggly ;) don't mind if you want to lend it :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 November 2007, 19:28:17 »

I have a tent that will be far better for you and Maria, doesn't take up a lot of space in the car, up within a minute, two fit snuggly ;) don't mind if you want to lend it :y
and blows away if you fart
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09 November 2007, 19:30:05 »

I don't do things like that so wouldn't actually know ;)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

STMO123

« Reply #48 on: 09 November 2007, 19:30:17 »

Best take a couple of corks then.

Martin_1962

« Reply #49 on: 09 November 2007, 19:44:46 »

My bedsit was cold - once had water freeze overnight

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09 November 2007, 19:50:30 »

I don't feel the cold normally - when I was young, we had to scrap ice from inside of windows to see out (sash windows are hopeless)
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #51 on: 09 November 2007, 20:03:52 »

this is the subject I like   ;D ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #52 on: 09 November 2007, 20:06:20 »

Best take a couple of corks then.

seriously these would be the most dangerous item with enough pressure  ;D

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 November 2007, 20:31:49 »

Those that made it to the lakes will know that when Mrs TheBoy comes camping, she doesn't like to get cold.  We're talking Duvets, Sleeping bags, blankets, the lot.  Even then, we've got bloody cold before, even in Sept (did get a frost that year, in Torquay!).  For night, you need lots of layers under you as well as on top, and need to be off the ground.  Fires help in evening/morning, but not really during the night if its that cold.  Lots of layers of clothing to sleep in as well.

We had some hot soup in a flask as well, so if that cold, at least that was warming.

If it gets to freezing, you have to be careful about your breath causing ice formation around mouth/nose.

Well, you know what to get ;D ;D ;D ;D it has two wheels, tin walls, heating, hot and cold water, proper kitchen, proper fridge, proper bathroom and much much more
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
hotels don't have wheels  :-/

The wheelie good ones do!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D
Do it right, do it once................

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09 November 2007, 20:37:03 »

Those that made it to the lakes will know that when Mrs TheBoy comes camping, she doesn't like to get cold.  We're talking Duvets, Sleeping bags, blankets, the lot.  Even then, we've got bloody cold before, even in Sept (did get a frost that year, in Torquay!).  For night, you need lots of layers under you as well as on top, and need to be off the ground.  Fires help in evening/morning, but not really during the night if its that cold.  Lots of layers of clothing to sleep in as well.

We had some hot soup in a flask as well, so if that cold, at least that was warming.

If it gets to freezing, you have to be careful about your breath causing ice formation around mouth/nose.

Well, you know what to get ;D ;D ;D ;D it has two wheels, tin walls, heating, hot and cold water, proper kitchen, proper fridge, proper bathroom and much much more
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
hotels don't have wheels  :-/

The wheelie good ones do!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D
I'll get yer coat ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.