Chat Area > General Car Chat

This has hurt me psychologically 😢

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Tigger KC:
That might have been my old Omega shod with Goldway 2000's!  ;D

Rods2:
I don't understand the mentality of those that shod their cars with ditch finders. My first motorbike was fitted with original japanese 'super wet grip' tyres, designed for performance with a square section rear tyre. :o :o :o The first thing I did was replace them with Dunlop TT100s that completely transformed the limited handling. Replacing that with a wideline featherbed framed Triton showed me what handling was really about. :y :y :y

Shackeng:

--- Quote from: Rods2 on 18 November 2018, 01:04:28 ---I don't understand the mentality of those that shod their cars with ditch finders. My first motorbike was fitted with original japanese 'super wet grip' tyres, designed for performance with a square section rear tyre. :o :o :o The first thing I did was replace them with Dunlop TT100s that completely transformed the limited handling. Replacing that with a wideline featherbed framed Triton showed me what handling was really about. :y :y :y

--- End quote ---
After a Black Shadow the Triton was my dream bike. Lucky you :y :y :y

Bigron:
DROOOOL!

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Point is - you found the upgrade to TT100,s a revelation as it made the limits of the bike considerably higher than they previously had been and you enjoyed exploring those limits and were presumably safe as long as you had the experience and feel to stay inside those limits.
Even the most mundane modern bike with cheap modern tyres would make the limits of a featherbed frame and TT100 tyres seem completely laughable.
Same goes for modern cars and modern tyres. A mundane shitebox wearing cheap tyres will easily outperform most sportscars of yesteryear.
Its all relative, but the important thing is to know where the limits are on whatever combination of vehicle / tyres your piloting and not exceed them.
Unexpected situations can arise of course, but if your reading the road ahead and acting accordingly, they don't happen very often.
Conversely, the average moronic t wat in charge of a vehicle, could be driving the best handling car / bike available on the stickiest tyres you can buy and still get themselves into trouble because they don't pay attention and don't have a clue what to do when the unexpected happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version