Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: injectors  (Read 3739 times)

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
injectors
« on: 09 May 2016, 12:09:19 »

Im wanting to get a spare pair on injectors to have them cleaned and then swap mine out

Queation is is there any difference between 2.5,2.6.3.0and 3.2 injectors some blue some grey...

And is there any benefit to fitting blue ones from 2.5/3.0 to my 3.2?

05omegav6

Re: injectors
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2016, 12:22:58 »

No because they're smaller ;) one of the reasons the 2.6/3.2 is marginally less economical...

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2016, 18:38:30 »

So the 2.5 and 3.0 injectors have a smaller flow rate.. is that at same pressure or different pressure

No because they're smaller ;) one of the reasons the 2.6/3.2 is marginally less economical...

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2016, 19:18:20 »

So the 2.5 and 3.0 injectors have a smaller flow rate.. is that at same pressure or different pressure

Non DBW cars run a fuelrail pressure of 3.0 bar, DBW cars are at 3.5 bar :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2016, 19:39:13 »

Got a set of injectors on the 3.2 breaker :)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2016, 20:25:48 »

Got a set of injectors on the 3.2 breaker :)
Would hope OP has a set on his too, but you never know... might be a sale nonetheless  :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2016, 07:20:14 »

Now I seem to recal, don't fit 3.2 injectors to a 3.0, as they drip. But a 3.2 regulator in a 3.0 is good.
Don't know what 3.0l injectors in a 3.2 be like :-X

Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2016, 16:47:58 »

Vectra/Insignia VXR injectors and regulator will get more fuel in, but good luck getting the ecu to keep up...

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2016, 17:05:26 »

Vectra/Insignia VXR injectors and regulator will get more fuel in, but good luck getting the ecu to keep up...

You need to get more air in too, or you just get unburnt fuel, washing down the bores. Or filling up the pre-cats and causing flames out the back,,,,circa late 80's touring and rally cars..
« Last Edit: 10 May 2016, 17:08:02 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2016, 17:21:12 »

You need to get more air in too, or you just get unburnt fuel, washing down the bores. Or filling up the pre-cats and causing flames out the back,,,,circa late 80's touring and rally cars..

I wonder if the next question will ask which hotter/colder/shinier/gimmicky sparkplug is 'better'?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2016, 17:44:42 »

I wonder if the next question will ask which hotter/colder/shinier/gimmicky sparkplug is 'better'?

Or which air-filter,, (KN,piper-cross, or big cone strapped to the airflow meter.
Hoof'land storeman.

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2016, 22:31:42 »

Not really no and arsy sarcasm isn't welcomed

Who mentioned vxr injector because I didn't? They Wouldnt ever be of any use. be high flow rate for turbo application.

I asked about 3.0/2.5 because got offered a set simply seeing if same flow rate and work ok .. They aren't same so all good I'll hold out for 3.2 injectors

Altering spark plugs only good if altering thermal efficiency of engine or running forced induction to get right burn.

Air filter pointless half the time a cone will cause heat soak and a updated panel filter will kill a man sensor or not be as efficient as a genuine one

Or which air-filter,, (KN,piper-cross, or big cone strapped to the airflow meter.

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
    • Property for sale/rent Online
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2016, 23:16:25 »

Who mentioned vxr injector because I didn't? They Wouldnt ever be of any use. be high flow rate for turbo application.

I asked about 3.0/2.5 because got offered a set simply seeing if same flow rate and work ok .. They aren't same so all good I'll hold out for 3.2 injectors

Altering spark plugs only good if altering thermal efficiency of engine or running forced induction to get right burn.

Air filter pointless half the time a cone will cause heat soak and a updated panel filter will kill a man sensor or not be as efficient as a genuine one

:y

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2016, 23:23:24 »

Why ??? Surely your 3.2 already has 3.2 injectors...

It's comments like that which encourage the sarcastic responses... A bit like saying I want a replica stock exhaust in stainless but want it to sound different and have a cross flow pipe... :-X

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2016, 23:31:18 »

........kill a man sensor......

Not being sarcastic but that mistype made me laugh, the ideal sensor to be fitted to a young lady's first vehicle.  :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.