Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting conventional shocks to a load levelling equipped estate  (Read 2136 times)

05omegav6

Re: Fitting conventional shocks to a load levelling equipped estate
« Reply #15 on: 14 June 2015, 21:34:49 »

Well more camber does give more grip until you go to far and start looking like one of them kids in their civics that just look broken.

I think I've done about 3k with the car like it is and haven't had any uneven tyre wear but then I do drive it hard so tyres don't last all that long anyway, I also don't have this problem of the car scraping over speed humps... Maybe the huge ones that you need to do 5mph over anyway, the rest just take it carefully.

Quite possibly I need to do something about the rear shocks running with no air but that's just a case of moving the sensor rod.

Not even close... Without air in them the self levelling shocks aren't working properly will will cause premature failureas the hydraulic element isn't designed to support the load by itself... Same goes for the springs...

Self levelling functionality should be checked at MoT, it isn't but it should be.

Just so the thread owner doesn't think about it. Do not buy the coilovers from eBay!

PhilCavSRi130

• Stone,  Staffordshire
  • GRIFFIN POWER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 June 2015, 23:48:28 »

If your looking at lowering your Omega you cant go better than changing to a standard MV6 set up of springs (20mm lower) and Bilstein B4 shocks.

Ive modified cars for over 20 years now and having had my omega for over 10 years ive tried the 30mm+ lowering and it doesnt handle as well, even though they look good.

Comes down to the question.... do you want "stance" or the ability to drive it and be confident when you throw it into a corner it will go round even when you drive it hard?

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 June 2015, 23:55:04 »

If your looking at lowering your Omega you cant go better than changing to a standard MV6 set up of springs (20mm lower) and Bilstein B4 shocks.

Ive modified cars for over 20 years now and having had my omega for over 10 years ive tried the 30mm+ lowering and it doesnt handle as well, even though they look good.

Comes down to the question.... do you want "stance" or the ability to drive it and be confident when you throw it into a corner it will go round even when you drive it hard?

[*cough*] 15mm lower [*cough*cough*] :-X ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.