Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown  (Read 10383 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Lockdown
« on: 04 January 2021, 17:21:19 »

When will it begin? Tonight, as in Scotland, or later, so we get time to clear the supermarkets of bog roll?
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2021, 17:28:38 »

;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2021, 17:28:54 »

Who knows... the only thing for certain is a whole bunch of idiots will ignore whatever "rules" are inplace 'cos they think they know better ... lacking the common sense to know they are actively spreading it.

Lock down will make absolutely no difference to C and I .. we don't go out, we don't mix, we keep ourselves to ourselves.. the dog is walked across open fields where we seen no one else at all, and because of that 2 KOS have stayed lonely but healthy .. so far.. and hopefuly will continue to do so.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2021, 17:46:16 »

Who knows... the only thing for certain is a whole bunch of idiots will ignore whatever "rules" are inplace 'cos they think they know better ... lacking the common sense to know they are actively spreading it.

Lock down will make absolutely no difference to C and I .. we don't go out, we don't mix, we keep ourselves to ourselves.. the dog is walked across open fields where we seen no one else at all, and because of that 2 KOS have stayed lonely but healthy .. so far.. and hopefuly will continue to do so.

Snap.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2021, 17:46:25 »

When will it begin? Tonight, as in Scotland, or later, so we get time to clear the supermarkets of bog roll?

Work it out for yourself using the government's own procedure.

You will need:
a sack
some paper
a crayon
scissors
your mummy

The procedure:
get your mummy to cut the paper into strips using the scissors.
write random words and numbers on the strips with the crayon - you must include some numbers
give the crayon to mummy so you can't accidentally eat it.
fold the strips in half, and put them in the sack
shake the sack
reach into the sack and remove all the strips in groups of three

Congratulations, you now have the latest Covid official policy

Just to make yourself look even more incompetent, don't let the spokesman stuck with announcing the policy on live telly read the policy before hand.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2021, 17:52:05 »

Same story in our house. Its a pain but no use whining, just suck it up and get on with it. Thousands of families have lost loved ones in the last 9 months, so a bit of isolation isnt a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
I still go to work, where there are very few people, but apart from that swmbo and I have a walk across the fields for some fresh air and excercise.
All shopping now online and delivered by Sainsburys. Then disinfected while unpacking.
Some day a kind of normality will return, but until then........

I imagine the new policy will be lockdown, but wont be called lockdown.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2021, 18:13:19 »

One of our single friends works in an store bakery in a village shop. Keeps her self to herself for fear  of catching covid.  Today diagnosed with Chicken pox!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2021, 18:26:52 »

Well......Boris can say what he likes at 8 o'clock, I'll be watching Liverpool v Southampton.
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2021, 18:43:57 »

The so called tier 5 seems to be lockdown by another name,but whatever they should stop pussy footing about and go lockdown as of tonight.Football should be banned.............forever.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2021, 20:48:23 »

Feel sorry for my lad. He went back to uni yesterday, two weeks early, so he could get some serious work done before his girlfriend and mates came back. When I dropped him off, the place was dark, it was pissing down with rain and hardly anyone about. Felt like I was leaving him in prison. No one will be coming back until at least the end of February now, so he stays there with the one mate who stayed over Christmas (basically because the poor lad had nowhere to go, hard to believe that and I get a bit upset about it), or he comes back home and spends his time in his room here. Shit choice.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2021, 20:51:31 »

I chose Boris over Liverpool, which is just as well judging by the score. :-X
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 January 2021, 20:57:17 »

Just what I expected, but the idiots will still keep spreading it too many get outs , it can't be enforced the numbers will still be going up . We've got used to our daily routine now not the retirement I'd envisaged but beats the alternative, stay safe oofers.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 January 2021, 21:09:55 »

Feel sorry for my lad. He went back to uni yesterday, two weeks early, so he could get some serious work done before his girlfriend and mates came back. When I dropped him off, the place was dark, it was pissing down with rain and hardly anyone about. Felt like I was leaving him in prison. No one will be coming back until at least the end of February now, so he stays there with the one mate who stayed over Christmas (basically because the poor lad had nowhere to go, hard to believe that and I get a bit upset about it), or he comes back home and spends his time in his room here. Shit choice.
Has he got enough pot noodles to last till March  ;D

the idiots will still keep spreading it too many get outs , it can't be enforced the numbers will still be going up ........
Completely agree  :y
after the first lockdown ended ,most people just carry on as if it won't effect them .idiots   >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2021, 21:39:34 »

My local hospital today.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55531589

TB is right. Theres no realistic alternative Im afraid. Its gone too far. ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 January 2021, 12:37:57 »

Been to the vets to have the dogs dressing changed. I can honestly say that there seems to be no difference at all since last nights announcement. The roads are just as busy, Asda car park is rammed and the car park at Newmillerdam was full when I passed. It didn't look any different at all to normal.
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.