Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown  (Read 10417 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Lockdown
« Reply #75 on: 09 January 2021, 13:45:14 »

At work we asked the Government (MOD) to postpone the project we have to finish and demonstrate in February.
We calculate we need 8 people at the demo 7 of whole will have to stay in hotels just West of the M25. For 3 nights.
We think the MOD will have 3 to 10 observers. From all over.
To actually get to that point, we have to get at least 6 people in a workshop to integrate all the stuff they have worked on remotely in cyloys.  We can not easily do it remotely.  The Engineering Director thinks it needs 15 days.  3 of those people can not commute daily.

We've asked the MOD. thier responce has been "please minimise the number of people you send, we can not delay.
There's nothing that couldn't be delayed 6 months in my humble oppinion.
Oh and I'm supposed to pull together risk assessments on this.

Rest assured North Korea won’t be taking a break from building their nuclear sub ( sadly for Biden). Ditto the Chinese and Russians wont be delaying any of their projects for pesky virus concerns.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 January 2021, 15:28:31 »

At work we asked the Government (MOD) to postpone the project we have to finish and demonstrate in February.
We calculate we need 8 people at the demo 7 of whole will have to stay in hotels just West of the M25. For 3 nights.
We think the MOD will have 3 to 10 observers. From all over.
To actually get to that point, we have to get at least 6 people in a workshop to integrate all the stuff they have worked on remotely in cyloys.  We can not easily do it remotely.  The Engineering Director thinks it needs 15 days.  3 of those people can not commute daily.

We've asked the MOD. thier responce has been "please minimise the number of people you send, we can not delay.
There's nothing that couldn't be delayed 6 months in my humble oppinion.
Oh and I'm supposed to pull together risk assessments on this.

Rest assured North Korea won’t be taking a break from building their nuclear sub ( sadly for Biden). Ditto the Chinese and Russians wont be delaying any of their projects for pesky virus concerns.

Rest assured, I applied for a job building nuclear subs in October 2019. My security clearance came through in December, but I've told them I'm working for someone else now, but i could start in April. Which they were okay with. 
Now they've sent me new facts saying it's inside IR35.  And there's no possibility of WFH (obvs), so unless I've had a vaccine by then (I'm in group 6 apparently) I feel it unlikely that the money will be worth the risks.

Current contract is about proof of concept, and whilst it i s important long term, waiting 6 months, wouldn't actually make much difference in the overall scheme of things.  If asked to.productionise the prototype, we could catch up. (Probably)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09 January 2021, 17:02:50 »

That clearly depends on your definition of risk ::)

You know exactly what you signed up for, and why.

Complaining about it now is a bit like applying to the Army then saying you didn't realise that you might get muddy...

Personally I would rather go to work. Life is far too short to be stuck inside the house worrying about the sky falling in.
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 09 January 2021, 17:43:22 »

59,937 new cases and 1035 dead today
we're getting quite good at spreading and catching Covid

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09 January 2021, 17:47:31 »

59,937 new cases and 1035 dead today
we're getting quite good at spreading and catching Covid
I went to Asda this morning, it was rammed. A couple of members of staff, who've been there a long time, told me they were thinking of quitting because the store managers were just not interested in limiting numbers because there's an Aldi five minutes away, and some customers might go there instead. I bought enough for a week, not going there more often than I need to.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 09 January 2021, 18:13:39 »

unfortunately it's all down to enforcement ,supermarkets won't ,though Aldi does have a traffic light system at the doors .
that doesn't stop idiots inside  :(
individuals should be responsible enough now to social distance and wait 2 minutes rather than just invade someone's safe space  >:(
i'm shopping for relatives often ,constantly spraying my hands, spray all items with disinfectant as i put them into TRUG BUCKETS into the car, i stopped using shopping bags ,I have a UVc lamp set up to decontaminate coat, shoes, shopping trousers ,
yes.... I have a set of clothes to wear specifically when i go out in public,though i do wear clothes at home too  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 13 January 2021, 20:49:48 »

1,564 covid deaths today , a new record high  :(
+47,525 new cases confirmed with a test ,though I saw something about 2500 new cases per day is likely to be a more accurate reflection  :o
more people dead from this wave than the first wave 
total deaths nearly 85 thousand
and to cap all that ,Lidl didn't have any Gala apples  :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 13 January 2021, 21:03:45 »

1,564 covid deaths today , a new record high  :(
+47,525 new cases confirmed with a test ,though I saw something about 2500 new cases per day is likely to be a more accurate reflection  :o
more people dead from this wave than the first wave 
total deaths nearly 85 thousand
and to cap all that ,Lidl didn't have any Gala apples  :(

Cox's are better anyway!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 13 January 2021, 21:04:55 »

We seem to be getting quite a menu to choose from.To begin with we had the Chinese virus the the British virus[would this have been the EU virus pre-Brexit?]then the South African virus and now apparently there's the Brazilian virus!!

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 13 January 2021, 21:15:10 »

We seem to be getting quite a menu to choose from.To begin with we had the Chinese virus the the British virus[would this have been the EU virus pre-Brexit?]then the South African virus and now apparently there's the Brazilian virus!!

Commonly known as the bald virus ;D
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 13 January 2021, 21:27:24 »

Lidl didn't have any Gala apples  :(

I did pick up Cox's instead  :)
Not for me anyway ,far too healthy  :P  for my old mum , I explained that there's a war on and she had to "make do"  ;D

Indeed, lots of new variants  :(
I hope the Vaccines cope ,though  people seem to forget ,even with 2 doses, they're still only 90% effective ,so people will still need to "follow the rules" hands ,face ,space 
 or start following the rules  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 13 January 2021, 21:35:47 »

Not for me anyway ,far too healthy  :P  for my old mum , I explained that there's a war on and she had to "make do"  ;D

I hope the Vaccines cope ,though  people seem to forget ,even with 2 doses, they're still only 90% effective ,so people will still need to "follow the rules" hands ,face ,space 
Apparently the sinovac is only 50.6% effective.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 13 January 2021, 21:40:28 »

I'll take 90% against a virus with a sub 0.1% mortality rate  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 13 January 2021, 21:47:30 »

90% effective against the mutations we know about.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 13 January 2021, 21:48:38 »

Apparently the sinovac is only 50.6% effective.
I had to google that , first I've even heard of it  :-[
Inferior Chinese Tat , who'd of thunk it  :P

I'll take 90% against a virus with a sub 0.1% mortality rate  ;)
well obviously i'm still young ,so I'll wait and see how it pans out for the guinea pigs  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.