Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump concedes.  (Read 10640 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Trump concedes.
« Reply #60 on: 11 January 2021, 19:51:00 »

This from President-elect Joe Biden will grip Lord Opti's shit!  :)

https://twitter.com/jonnajarian/status/1348698741046468610

And for Uncle Stemo and anyone else who doesn't have a Twitter account here's the text of his tweet.

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden
American politics, eh? Not that bothered about them, really, why are you?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 11 January 2021, 19:57:23 »

Ah....that is so sweet. He is clearly extending the hand of friendship to the 75 million Trump voters. :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11 January 2021, 20:08:25 »

What happened to that idiot is a direct result of America's emotional clamour for the Patriot Act and Homeland Security Agency: identify threats and track them. leader? Being part of a mob invading the seat of government immediately after being told to do so by their/figurehead?/oppswit-in-chief is the definition of a specific threat. The HSA is currently picking the low hanging fruit; the idiots who were clearly identifiable or publicly admitting they were there. Some of them, like the elected officials and police who posted pics or video of their involvement, should be top of the list

Can you provide some evidence for this please. So far, all I have heard was him asking for was for people to take part in a march.
Just as everyone from Martin Luther King to BLM asked their supporters to take part in marches. Nothing whatsoever about invading the building, causing damage or committing violence.  ???

Watch the whole speech. It was clearly not Trump's own work(although speech writers aren't unusual), but it's full of phrases like:

we will never concede
we will not let them silence your voices
all Pence has to do is get the states to recertify the votes(something that isn't in his power)
we're gathered to save our democracy
the weak republicans have turned a blind eye
we'll walk to the capitol, I'll be with you(he wasn't),...........you'll never take back our country if you show weakness, you'll have to be strong.

It goes on, but it's classic whipping up a mob techniques - WE are wronged and YOU have to do something about it. When you do that to groups that have already threatened violence, and don't hold them back things get interesting really quickly. The unusually small amount of protection around the building sped that up.

Perhaps he should have made a longer speech, as forcing your way into the building to nick a lectern and some stationery is a piss-poor insurrection even though there were some who were prepared for more direct action. Some brighter supporters might have helped; there's just been a news piece about how one who was still wearing his work ID on a lanyard....

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 11 January 2021, 20:15:28 »

What happened to that idiot is a direct result of America's emotional clamour for the Patriot Act and Homeland Security Agency: identify threats and track them. leader? Being part of a mob invading the seat of government immediately after being told to do so by their/figurehead?/oppswit-in-chief is the definition of a specific threat. The HSA is currently picking the low hanging fruit; the idiots who were clearly identifiable or publicly admitting they were there. Some of them, like the elected officials and police who posted pics or video of their involvement, should be top of the list

Can you provide some evidence for this please. So far, all I have heard was him asking for was for people to take part in a march.
Just as everyone from Martin Luther King to BLM asked their supporters to take part in marches. Nothing whatsoever about invading the building, causing damage or committing violence.  ???

Watch the whole speech. It was clearly not Trump's own work(although speech writers aren't unusual), but it's full of phrases like:

we will never concede
all Pence has to do is get the states to recertify the votes(something that isn't in his power)
we'll walk to the capitol, I'll be with you(he wasn't),...........you'll never take back our country if you show weakness, you'll have to be strong.

It goes on, but it's classic whipping up a mob techniques - WE are wronged and YOU have to do something about it. When you do that to groups that have already threatened violence, and don't hold them back things get interesting really quickly. The unusually small amount of protection around the building sped that up.

Perhaps he should have made a longer speech, as forcing your way into the building to nick a lectern and some stationery is a piss-poor insurrection even though there were some who were prepared for more direct action. Some brighter supporters might have helped; there's just been a news piece about how one who was still wearing his work ID on a lanyard....
;D ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 11 January 2021, 20:32:03 »

This from President-elect Joe Biden will grip Lord Opti's shit!  :)

https://twitter.com/jonnajarian/status/1348698741046468610

And for Uncle Stemo and anyone else who doesn't have a Twitter account here's the text of his tweet.

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden
American politics, eh? Not that bothered about them, really, why are you?

I'm not really, but everybody else is so if you can't beat them... and anyway American politics have got a lot more interesting over the last 6 months. :)

I never really gave a shit about Trump to be honest, because I never believed all the hysterical predictions when he was elected and never thought he'd do anything to affect my life. 

I've been right about both, but have been accused of being a Trump supporter for my lack of hysteria...  ::)  Oh and for pointing out that he's done some good things...  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 11 January 2021, 20:35:07 »

I'm exactly the opposite, I fickin hate Trump. Him getting kicked out was my only interest in events leading up to the election, all the stuff since has been a bonus.  :)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 11 January 2021, 20:38:27 »

And, let's face it, winding up people who do really, really care is quite an entertaining way to pass the time.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 11 January 2021, 21:12:28 »

we will never concede

As I suspected. Not a shred...... ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11 January 2021, 21:30:33 »

As I suspected. Not a shred...... ::)

You're right, told to was a little strong.
I'd like to see you argue with the more accurate  incited to, which is what I should have written. And is a far more insidious process.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11 January 2021, 21:50:49 »

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 12 January 2021, 11:20:08 »

So Trump approves a state of emergency to allow police/army/national guard to confront protesters at Biden's inauguration and throughout state capitals, when all he really has to do is say that the election was fair and he lost. Surely no one would then have a reason to protest.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 12 January 2021, 12:45:19 »

Thing is 75 million people don't believe that and there's a disruptive minority on the left that will take advantage of the fact.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 12 January 2021, 12:45:29 »

So Trump approves a state of emergency to allow police/army/national guard to confront protesters at Biden's inauguration and throughout state capitals, when all he really has to do is say that the election was fair and he lost. Surely no one would then have a reason to protest.

That's true if you're talking about reasonable people who can stand back from their emotional reactions. But many of them aren't and won't Some of them can't. Those that are trying could easily be pushed over the edge by a further 'betrayal.' The time since the election has been spent deliberately(and in my opinion - which I can't prove - maliciously) stirring up his supporters. I'd like to add a number of adjectives there, but that would further display my biases.

We aren't immune to this - nobody is - as anyone who wants to stir up trouble in the UK just needs to mention Brexit.

We all know that you can't persuade people to change their political views with facts, it has to be done by playing politics. The recent discussion about how democracy is interpreted is an excellent example of this.

What should America do? Last week my position was that the Democrats would be better off not impeaching Trump. Today I'm much less certain as I'm finding the phrase "A failed coup that goes unpunished is a just a training exercise" persuasive. Sometimes people have to be reminded that their actions have consequences, I just wish we didn't have to rely on politicians to do it.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 12 January 2021, 13:01:51 »

Well, as far as I can see, Trump is can't win either way. If the protests are peaceful, then he's had his time and off he goes. If they turn nasty, then he will be blamed and every man and his dog in government will go after him.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 12 January 2021, 13:02:07 »

Regardless of the crap that spews from from Donald Trump, it sets a dangerous precedent to gag a democratically elected sitting president.

Free speech will soon be a thing of the past.

I wouldn't even gag Nancy Pelosi. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.