Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: School food parcels  (Read 2704 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
School food parcels
« on: 13 January 2021, 13:06:00 »

It's nice to our prime minister phoning Marcus Rashford to confirm that he agrees with his opinion of the food delivered to schoolchildren. Saves him having to backtrack when Marcus says they should be having steak and smoked salmon.  ;D ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: School food parcels
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2021, 13:06:56 »

I believe Marcus is in line for the government position of school dinners tsar.  ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2021, 13:10:19 »

Leave young 'Rashy' alone. He is a superhero.

The BBC described him as 'Feeding Britain's children'

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2021, 13:14:22 »

Leave young 'Rashy' alone. He is a superhero.

The BBC described him as 'Feeding Britain's children'
I was praising the young man. Who needs Jamie Oliver when we have such a culinary expert willing to take on the role of school dinners tsar for free whilst holding down a poorly paid full time job as well.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2021, 13:19:06 »

I think the kid must be embarrassed by all the praise he gets.

Good on the lad, but the media make it sound like it is just him saving poor British children from some sort of Ethiopian famine situation. ;D ;D 

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2021, 13:27:18 »

Things may not be all the MSM are making them out to be - just for a change.  ::)
https://order-order.com/2021/01/12/food-box-firm-under-fire-from-rashford-is-part-of-his-own-food-poverty-task-force/
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2021, 13:33:51 »

Why the hell are they paying a company to box up and deliver food to parents?  ???  The taxpayer is paying £10.50 for £5.22 worth of food!  >:(

Why can't they give them Tesco* vouchers that can only be redeemed against food and let them go out and get their own FFS!  :-X  ::)

* Other supermarkets are available.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2021, 13:35:59 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2021, 13:45:23 »

Why the hell are they paying a company to box up and deliver food to parents?  ???  The taxpayer is paying £10.50 for £5.22 worth of food!  >:(

Why can't they give them Tesco* vouchers that can only be redeemed against food and let them go out and get their own FFS!  :-X  ::)

Way back in time, when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, I was a randy young milkman. :y

People on a low income were issued free milk tokens to the value of one pint of milk each day, seven pints a week.

These tokens were NEVER used for the intended purpose. They were sold back to me for for cash, usually 50%- 60% of their value.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2021, 14:18:16 »

That's exactly what is happening in Sheffield.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2021, 14:26:32 »

Maybe the box of food is offered because they believe people will use the vouchers on booze and processed crap rather than bread, milk, eggs....etc..etc. ::)

......or sell the vouchers. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2021, 14:43:15 »

What a depressing world where people are given the means the feed their kids and they'd rather spend it on fags, booze and drugs.  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2021, 14:47:47 »

What a depressing world where people are given the means the feed their kids and they'd rather spend it on fags, booze and drugs.  :-\
The vouchers can only be used for food but, of course, there are always those who will sell them for a lot less than face value.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2021, 14:51:26 »

Human nature can be  good and bad.

Some people will use the food box, or any food vouchers, for their intended purpose. :y

.......others will not. :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2021, 14:52:23 »

[/s] have kids and then expect other people to pay for their food.

Ftfy.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2021, 15:02:40 »

Some people will use the food box, or any food vouchers, for their intended purpose. :y

Frankly people like this need a good flogging...... in public.  I'm sure that would make them see the error of their ways!  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2021, 15:02:43 »

You're not going to stop it though, Albs, it's the way things have been since the introduction of the welfare state. Might as well accept it and stop pissing into the wind. If, say, 25% of folk are abusing the system, at least the genuine 75% are being helped. HS2, welfare, pensions, etc, there will always be folk who believe some, or all, of these things are a waste of public money, but there's nothing one can do, except maybe rant about it.  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 January 2021, 15:03:48 »

Frankly people like this need a good flogging...... in public.  I'm sure that would make them see the error of their ways!  :)
Brilliant idea.   ;D
Diesel till I die

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 January 2021, 15:05:06 »

^ This. Although not ideal, I'd sooner see the individual bear full responsibility to use/misuse a benefit, over private companies grifting profit to deliver less.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 January 2021, 15:11:00 »

And, just to make one more point on food parcels/vouchers in particular, and welfare in general, it's definitely not the kids fault and they shouldn't have to go hungry.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 January 2021, 15:14:05 »

You're not going to stop it though, Albs, it's the way things have been since the introduction of the welfare state. Might as well accept it and stop pissing into the wind. If, say, 25% of folk are abusing the system, at least the genuine 75% are being helped. HS2, welfare, pensions, etc, there will always be folk who believe some, or all, of these things are a waste of public money, but there's nothing one can do, except maybe rant about it.  ;D
Or stop funding it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 January 2021, 15:14:40 »

I can remember reading an article about the founders of the welfare stare stating explicitly that levels of welfare should not be such that they deter people from being gainfully employed in order to keep themselves.
This was ditched as soon as someone realised you could buy peoples votes with other peoples money, hence we have ended up here.
It not about what percentage of people abuse the system. Its about the whole basis of the system being wrong.
If you have kids, you (both parents) should bear the responsibility of the cost of raising them.
In cases of real genuine inability to do that (few and far between ime) the State should provide the minimum level of housing / food / warmth to keep people alive and healthy.
We ended up in a position about 10 years ago, where there was a huge outcry about taking food out of childrens mouths, when the Govt. reduced the level of welfare per household to a level that was still way above the national average income.
Its absolute madness, which has bankrupted the nation, but no-one in power has the balls or conviction to seriously do anything about it.
Im glad I wont be alive when the bills eventualy have to be paid.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 January 2021, 15:15:54 »

And, just to make one more point on food parcels/vouchers in particular, and welfare in general, it's definitely not the kids fault and they shouldn't have to go hungry.

If parents are allowing their kids to go hungry, charge them with neglect and lock them up, or send them to see TB.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 January 2021, 15:17:28 »

Or stop funding it.
Go on then, stop funding these things. How do you plan to go about it? Please explain.  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 January 2021, 15:18:16 »

If parents are allowing their kids to go hungry, charge them with neglect and lock them up, or send them to see TB.
Of course, why didn't the government think of that?  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 January 2021, 15:19:07 »

Or stop funding it.
Go on then, stop funding these things. How do you plan to go about it? Please explain.  ;D
When are you moving to America? I hope it's soon.  ::)
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2021, 15:19:22 »

Dig up Thatchers remains and clone her.  :D
It started with Family allowance and ended with people demanding school dinners when schools are shut, and then whining they dont like the dinner and demanding nicer dinners.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 January 2021, 15:20:29 »

It started with Family allowance and ended with people demanding school dinners when schools are shut, and then whining they dont like the dinner and demanding nicer dinners.
Now we're getting to the nub of things. You're admitting that there's no answer  :)
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 January 2021, 15:21:12 »

Indeed, offer a hand and they will take an arm.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 January 2021, 15:21:45 »

People didn't demand school dinners, people interested in doing the government down demanded it for them.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 January 2021, 15:23:02 »

Indeed, offer a hand and they will take an arm.
I doubt they'd want to eat an arm, a nice rump steak, maybe. ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 13 January 2021, 15:28:23 »

That was the appetiser ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 January 2021, 15:30:15 »

That was the appetiser ;D
They would demand fava beans and chianti to go with it.
Diesel till I die

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 January 2021, 15:42:32 »

They wouldn't be able to find his house.  :P
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 January 2021, 15:43:06 »

Dig up Thatchers remains and clone her. :D

......expect her remains to look like the endoskeleton from the terminator. ;D ;D ;D

Expect red eyes to light up again. ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 January 2021, 16:09:13 »

Dig up Thatchers remains and clone her. :D

......expect her remains to look like Nancy Pelosi
Fixed
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 January 2021, 19:40:12 »

Hve I misunderstood?  I thought the food parcels were lunch for the little brats only, not for the entire family?

So when I saw the picture of 3 tins of something, and 3 pieces of fruit, and some other assorted goodies as a 3 day food parcel, it didn't strike me as outrageous.

But I guess the parents thing its for them as well, so their benefits can go on fas and lotto.  Or have I missed the point?
Grumpy old man

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 January 2021, 19:40:59 »

Tory donors.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 January 2021, 19:51:40 »

Tory donors.

The Tories didnt sign them up for the job. Marcus Rashford did. But of course thats been ignored by the MSM because it doesnt suit their agenda.  ::)
https://order-order.com/2021/01/12/food-box-firm-under-fire-from-rashford-is-part-of-his-own-food-poverty-task-force/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 January 2021, 20:32:26 »

That food box could easily make a reasonable veg soup for several days lunch for a child...

Which was surely the point*.

Unless I missed something :-\

* presumably those parents complaining don't go into school and expect to be fed alongside their sprogs ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.