Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No more mortgage payments on this property.  (Read 5838 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: No more mortgage payments on this property.
« Reply #45 on: 17 January 2021, 10:27:33 »

Danish banks are going to start offering 20 year fixed rate mortgages at 0% interest!  :o 

Which is nice for the Danish people.  :y

Maybe it'll spark off a property boom there.  :-\
It could be a 60 year interest free mortgage... Doesn't matter if there's no affordable properties and everyone is unemployed :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 17 January 2021, 16:39:57 »

Danish banks are going to start offering 20 year fixed rate mortgages at 0% interest!  :o 

It could be a 60 year interest free mortgage... Doesn't matter if there's no affordable properties and everyone is unemployed :-X

60 years..... :o :o Nobody is going to be alive long enough to pay it off

The average first time buyer in 2021 is about 35.........forty years before that the average age was around 22/23.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17 January 2021, 16:50:44 »

I was being slightly facetious because the term and rate are irrelevant if you cannot afford the property or qualify for the mortgage ;)

I had a cursory look at a mortgage on a £145k flat. And was told to either increase the deposit or extend the term substantially.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17 January 2021, 17:07:18 »

I was being slightly facetious because the term and rate are irrelevant if you cannot afford the property or qualify for the mortgage ;)

I had a cursory look at a mortgage on a £145k flat. And was told to either increase the deposit or extend the term substantially.
I know..... ;)

But it really wouldn't surprise me if it actually happens in the not to distant future. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17 January 2021, 17:09:41 »

Mortgages are getting ever longer. I think this is a pretty new development. I don't remember banks lending for more than 25 years when I first took out a mortgage.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17 January 2021, 17:11:13 »

Are you able or willing to consider either option?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 17 January 2021, 18:49:58 »

The solution to unaffordable house prices is less buyers.  So once again, the policy of the mass cull is the only sensible option.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 17 January 2021, 18:51:12 »

I wonder if the Vikings will be able to take out an interest only mortgage from the Danish banks?  :-\                                        :P                                    ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 17 January 2021, 19:36:31 »

https://youtu.be/xRSGSb7_L2Y

Vikings can have an interest free mortgage for as long as they like. ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 17 January 2021, 20:05:31 »

The solution to unaffordable house prices is less buyers.  So once again, the policy of the mass cull is the only sensible option.

When a purchase, be it a toaster, lawn mower or even a house becomes unobtainable due to cost, the only solution is to reduce the cost.  Supply and demand usually dictates the price (rise or fall) of any given commodity.

You like your I.T TB.... look at the cost of GPU's.  nVidia and AMD can't make them fast enough (mostly due to BitCoin mining), so the second hand market has gone through the roof.  I recently sold a MSi 2070Super for £150 more than it retailed for 18months ago.

House prices are the same, demand is/was so high that the prices are artificially inflated.  It won't (or can't) last forever.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 January 2021, 16:03:40 »

I don't know where you guys get your mortgages from. I've just renewed and extended mine :( and got 1.9% fixed for 5 years. (I extended it to buy a second house to let out, even that mortgage was only 2.08%).

All I do is get some figures from compare-the-internet type site, then go and see a mortgage advisor. He can get much better rates than me, sorts it all out and the money saved more than covers the £500 fee.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18 January 2021, 16:34:28 »

I don't know where you guys get your mortgages from. I've just renewed and extended mine :( and got 1.9% fixed for 5 years. (I extended it to buy a second house to let out, even that mortgage was only 2.08%).

All I do is get some figures from compare-the-internet type site, then go and see a mortgage advisor. He can get much better rates than me, sorts it all out and the money saved more than covers the £500 fee.
I could get a rate of 1.9 to extend, but I don't want to extend, I want to finish it as quick as possible. By keeping my current rate and overpaying, I will spend less on interest.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18 January 2021, 16:53:00 »

Presumably you're putting a bit more than 5-10% deposit down though? Haven't looked for a while, but it used to be that you needed 50% deposit for BTL mortgages. The bank can be a bit more generous in their interest rate if they know they've only leant 50% of the value of a house and then have to re-possess it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 18 January 2021, 19:29:42 »

When a purchase, be it a toaster, lawn mower or even a house becomes unobtainable due to cost, the only solution is to reduce the cost.  Supply and demand usually dictates the price (rise or fall) of any given commodity.

You like your I.T TB.... look at the cost of GPU's.  nVidia and AMD can't make them fast enough (mostly due to BitCoin mining), so the second hand market has gone through the roof.  I recently sold a MSi 2070Super for £150 more than it retailed for 18months ago.

House prices are the same, demand is/was so high that the prices are artificially inflated.  It won't (or can't) last forever.
So cut demand.  Without intervention, there will never be a significant drop in housing demand, as the population is constantly growing.

So significantly reduce the population, house prices come down.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 18 January 2021, 19:36:12 »

Yep, there has been a perfect storm with house price rises. A large growth in population in a short space of time - thanks to B. Liar.
Developers and Supermarket chains buying up land and just sitting on it.
Chinese, Russian and Arab buyers buying up lots of property in London, and often not even bothering to rent it out. Just sitting back and watching prices rise.
The biggest factor has to be population growth though I would imagine.
Politicians created the crisis, so they should take responsibility for it and do something to solve it.
They are doing the opposite at the moment though, with stamp duty holidays and the like to try and keep the market bouyant.
This is from people who claim to believe in market economics.
If the economy is in deep trouble, house prices should drop. Let it happen, and some good can come out of the economic chaos of the current crisis.

« Last Edit: 18 January 2021, 19:38:25 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.