Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Justice wtf  (Read 881 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Justice wtf
« on: 06 March 2023, 19:11:27 »

https://apple.news/AvTGplnP1TryecEEVeSSq0Q

How the FK is this justice when 70 year old Charlie Branson  looks like he will never be released?
Not biased but would really like your thoughts on this on Mick👍
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Justice wtf
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2023, 19:24:04 »

Life should mean life and we should do what the Yanks do, when lovely chaps like this get more than one life sentence, they should have to serve them consecutively so they leave prison in a box.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2023, 19:26:20 »

How the FK is this justice when 70 year old Charlie Branson  looks like he will never be released?
Poor old Charlie. he's in a right old pickle.  :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2023, 20:05:59 »

Have dealt with Charlie personally around 1999/2000 , personally I think it would be a very brave/ stupid person to agree to his parole you've only got to imagine what would happen if someone queue jumped him shall we say for example ,I watched both programs about him last week & it's fairly obvious that his "son" sees him as a money spinner if he's released, however on the news a copper said that the decision could go either way even after being refused 7 times previously. As for the rapist in my opinion he should have never regained his freedom, trouble is nowadays nothing surprises me you have to always expect the unexpected. One of my favourite sayings from my HMPS days is " if they look mad they probably are" just take a good look at Charlie, he built himself a reputation inside and that won't go away he may not have killed anybody but he's certainly capable of it.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2023, 20:15:17 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2023, 00:58:23 »

Well you’ll know more than me of course, but although it’s not right.. there have been a lot more far more dangerous people allowed out than him who have killed, And gone on to kill again, he has never killed anyone, I feel he should be let out myself but of course with proper supervision, which would cost no more than is spent on him already, he would pay this back financially through his artwork many times over and as he has such a reputation he has advised many times not to follow what he had done. There seems to be a certainty that some just will not let him out no matter what I’m not saying he’s a saint but …….
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2023, 07:11:05 »

After 48 years inside I don't think he'd last more than a couple of weeks on the outside, he's been segregated for most of it mostly because someone younger & fitter would want to gain a reputation by " taking Bronsons crown" and there's without doubt plenty of lunatics on the out who'd want to do the same. As with most prisoners he's nobody to blame but himself. I've sat in on parole hearings & listened to how prisoners use their lying skills to say what psychologists want to hear and show how they've been " turned around" very few can be changed and it's taking too long for the powers that be to realise this.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 07:19:42 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2023, 08:00:01 »

If Charlie manages to keep his emotions in check I'd be very surprised indeed , but to be fair I've not had any dealings with him for over 20 years so who knows perhaps he could be a success story for HMPS..😁

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2023, 08:26:30 »

If Charlie manages to keep his emotions in check I'd be very surprised indeed , but to be fair I've not had any dealings with him for over 20 years so who knows perhaps he could be a success story for HMPS..😁
Apparently, yesterday, he kept sighing as if he was bored and, at one point, told the panel to get a move on. ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 March 2023, 08:42:04 »

Apparently, yesterday, he kept sighing as if he was bored and, at one point, told the panel to get a move on. ;D

That sounds about right Steve, pretty polite for him 😂

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 March 2023, 13:22:21 »

Gotta smile though he’s a crazy character,  although as said still very dangerous,  he can still do 95 press ups in 30 seconds😱
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2023, 14:38:43 »

Gotta smile though he’s a crazy character,  although as said still very dangerous,  he can still do 95 press ups in 30 seconds😱

When we had him in our segregation unit he aimed for 1,000 press ups a day, one day he refused to leave the servery area after collecting his  tea complaining that he didn't have enough chips & he kicked off well & truly I managed to get him in an armlock, he looked me straight in the eyes and said " you're brave boy & pretty strong" not as strong as you Charlie I replied which humoured him and he then complied & returned to his cell.. fun times 😄

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 March 2023, 19:14:14 »

Those type of experiences don’t come around often😱
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2023, 21:12:35 »

Those type of experiences don’t come around often😱

The adrenaline rush used to kick in back in those days & I enjoyed it , nowadays I'd sooner take the dog for a walk that's exciting enough for me now.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2023, 23:20:52 »

Indeed been there :o
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.