Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Estate back seat  (Read 487 times)

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
Estate back seat
« on: 15 February 2013, 15:42:06 »

Two questions firstly can anybody tell me how I can get this locking thing out of the seat without breaking it. I have undo the two bolts that hold the lock but cannot get the tab off so I can pull the lock out.

Second question is Since adding leather seats to my car I cannot get the back part of the seats to fold flat also when i do get them down the only way to put them back up is both together, as when trying to split them they hit each other. I have tried to adjust them but it didnt help. it jams in the middle.

« Last Edit: 15 February 2013, 15:44:57 by pauls »

05omegav6

Re: Estate back seat
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2013, 17:22:59 »

Plastic surround clips to the frame. Work up the front of the seat by peeling the leather and foam away. You'll need to remove the armrest assembly and trim, the centre seat belt and the carpet off the back.

As for the other problem, there's adjustment where the hinge plates bolt to the floor and the backrest. Basically, slacken the bolts at the backrest, fold the seat down and back up a few times to settle it. Once happy with the position, tighten the bolts up. You may then need to adjust the striker plates that the seat latches to on the wheel arch. Takes alot of patience and fiddling, and ideally a extra pair of arms or two :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.