Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Arh the smell of an open fire  (Read 1255 times)

waspy

Arh the smell of an open fire
« on: 05 October 2008, 09:37:10 »

Had a very warm cosy night last night, some pine logs burning away & when i came down stairs this morning the faint smell of burnt pine.
Beautiful, totally beautiful.
Brings back memories of long ago as a child :) :) :) :)
You don't get that with a gas fire or central heating :(

albitz

Re: Arh the smell of an open fire
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2008, 09:56:21 »

I am very tempted to have a proper fire at home tonight after reading that.
live in a modern house with no chimney though,so it might cause a few problems. :D :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2008, 09:59:26 »

My previous house in France before I joined the Army was in the country with a huge fireplace and an abundance of wood in the surrounding area.  Even now when I pass some wood smoke I stop and take a few breaths...

...almost as good as in Sandhurst during the winter when the groundsmen would make huge leave piles and burn them slowly... it would put me off my marching!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

albitz

« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2008, 10:03:09 »

No doubt the laydeez will be posting about how romantic log fires are. ::) ::) :)
they probably like them because it stops them getting a cold bum when they get nekkid. :D ;D
« Last Edit: 05 October 2008, 10:04:31 by albitz »

waspy

« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2008, 10:20:35 »

& just to add. The government can't tax me on it either, free wood=free heat :y :y :y :y :y

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2008, 11:01:43 »

sshh ! they might be listening. ;) ;D

Dusty

• Omega Knight
  • Shropshire
  • Erotic Romance Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2008, 11:19:31 »

Had a very warm cosy night last night, some pine logs burning away & when i came down stairs this morning the faint smell of burnt pine.

Open fires are fantastic.
but unless you have access to your own personal forest they are very expensive to run..
Lots of work the morning after as well. but on those special intimate occasions they can not be beaten. :-* :-*

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2008, 11:28:27 »

You really have got the memory and sensory brain cells working with this one Pete! :-* :-* :y

..........as a child walking up our dark chilly street with mum, smelling that lovely aroma of coal fire smoke, passing the road works watchman with his red parafin lamps along with a brazier giving him and everyone who passed heat, with the distant sound of a railway engine's whistle, to enter our house, there being greeted with a warm glowing fire illuminating the walls with dancing shadows...............  :-* :-* :-* 8-) 8-) 8-) ;) ;)  c1957  Oh, wonderful care free days

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2008, 11:33:48 »

Only one open fire left in this house  :(, just started lighting it again this week which is a bit early this year but then it's far too early to have the central heating on!

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2008, 11:35:38 »

The smell of Irish peat burning on an open fire is something I find very evocative.
That  smell after a few beers can make me dewey eyed.  :-[

waspy

« Reply #10 on: 05 October 2008, 11:37:17 »

Only one open fire left in this house  :(, just started lighting it again this week which is a bit early this year but then it's far too early to have the central heating on!

Yeh you're right Andy. Just wanted to take the chill off. I can sit for ages with no other light source & watch the flames dance, quite hypnotic :D :D

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2008, 11:41:15 »

I was told you get warm twice with a log fire.
Sitting in front of it,  and before that chopping the logs.   I love doing that on a cold winter day - very therapeutic for some reason ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 October 2008, 11:43:09 »

Yeh you're right Andy. Just wanted to take the chill off. I can sit for ages with no other light source & watch the flames dance, quite hypnotic :D :D

Until it sparks out onto your brand new carpet! You can always spot someone who's grown up with open fires..... they have the ability to follow a spark through the air and pick it up the milisecond it hits the carpet!  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 October 2008, 11:45:20 »

Our main source of heat is by two log burners. We use olive logs which are abundant and free (to us) but take a lot of time to collect and saw and stack. We usually spend April on the task!

It gets every bit as cold in Spain in the winter as it does in England.

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

waspy

« Reply #14 on: 05 October 2008, 11:46:25 »

Until it sparks out onto your brand new carpet! You can always spot someone who's grown up with open fires..... they have the ability to follow a spark through the air and pick it up the milisecond it hits the carpet!  ;D

Yes, i've the reflexes of a cat= bang, launch, pick up & throw back, all within two seconds  ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.