Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Timing Belt very loose or slack  (Read 5970 times)

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Timing Belt very loose or slack
« Reply #15 on: 15 December 2012, 11:48:11 »

Its amazing the lengths members go to to help each other if only the whole world was like this what a better place it would be

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 December 2012, 14:22:12 »

any good  :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2012, 17:13:00 »

gibby, sorry I cannot post larger images but you can make them bigger by adjusting the zoom on your computer screen. Look at the top of the screen for the word  'Page' with a black downward pointing arrow, left click on it & a menu appears, look for 'Zoom' and place your cursor over it then follow the prompts. :y
Hello hon PhilRich, I got it now, thanks very much. That was cool; you would need someone to help you to misunderstand the instructions lay down in your post. What a help!  :y
« Last Edit: 15 December 2012, 17:21:28 by gibby »

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
Re:Feedback Timing Belt very loose or slack
« Reply #18 on: 15 December 2012, 17:54:33 »

Hello dear members, Yesterday I managed to change the water pump, tensioner, and all staff there. But for some reasons the timing belt is loose or slack. I tried to adjust the tensioner but nothing seems to be working. The belt in question has no marks. Tried to fit the old belt it does the same. Before I removed the old belt, I aligned the cam marks with camshaft cover and crankshaft pulley with arrow on the block. Anything I’m missing? Please help. :-\

Hello Honourable members, firstly I would like to thank all members (mainly PhilRich, Marks DTM, Entwood, Serek, JamesV6, Brikhead, Bigtimecube, Adey2, Lazydocker and Robson) who responded positively to my problem, slacking timing belt. The good news is that I got it and the Speed Bird is running superb, very smooth as well. However, she is linking water, and I’m not sure whether it’s from the pump (as its aftermarket) or from one of the pipes, not sure but will check tomorrow. Once again thanks good hearted members, I really appreciate thy helping ideas, keep it up. :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 December 2012, 18:29:28 »

any good  :y

I assume this is the position of the pump, not so? Thanks for this Bigtimecube.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 December 2012, 19:16:12 »

If I remember correctly the seal on the water pump can be easy to disrupt during fitting.  If you take the cam cover off and fill the coolant system you shoudl see if it is leaking.  If so you will have to take the timing belt off unfortuantely.  In this case when refitting, fill the coolant before fitting the belt but after the pump obviously so that you can be sure the seal is sitting correctly before fitting the fiddly belt :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 December 2012, 19:26:48 »

If I remember correctly the seal on the water pump can be easy to disrupt during fitting.  If you take the cam cover off and fill the coolant system you shoudl see if it is leaking.  If so you will have to take the timing belt off unfortuantely.  In this case when refitting, fill the coolant before fitting the belt but after the pump obviously so that you can be sure the seal is sitting correctly before fitting the fiddly belt :y

Thanks for that sir, I'll check tomorrow and will report the outcome. :y
« Last Edit: 15 December 2012, 19:30:36 by gibby »

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 December 2012, 14:52:49 »

Hello sir, I tried to remove, checked and refit the seal, clean the area,and refit the pump. But still leaking. Any ideas of why it is leaking? I rang the Euro car parts about the problem and they instructed me to bring both the old one and theirs to see what could be the problem. Do aftermarket pumps give problems at all? thanks :y 

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 December 2012, 16:44:46 »

Did you clean the mating surface on the engine?  If it is not smooth it can cause leaks.

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 December 2012, 17:06:24 »

Did you clean the mating surface on the engine?  If it is not smooth it can cause leaks.

Hello sir, yes I cleaned the surface with smooth sandy paper, thanks

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
Re: Timing Belt very loose or slack (Water pump leaking)
« Reply #25 on: 19 December 2012, 20:14:13 »

Hello honourable members,
As most of you are aware that I had a problem with water pump on my omega, after a great deal of hassles, the problem is now solved. The main cause of the problem was that Euro car parts sold me a wrong pump. I argued with salesman when I saw the pump but he said it works the same even though there were some visible differences. I took it back and had a refund, bought another pump from Essex Motor, fit it all ok. I also fit a new timing belt, pump, tensioner and idler. This time the belt didn’t give me probs and no more slacks.  :y :)

albitz

« Reply #26 on: 19 December 2012, 21:55:54 »

Glad to hear thats sorted Gibby.I have also had similar propblems with Eurocraprats (colchester).Sold me a fuel filter for my diesel cavalier which wouldnt physically fit on the car.
Any progress with your heater problems ?

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 December 2012, 23:13:25 »

Glad to hear thats sorted Gibby.I have also had similar propblems with Eurocraprats (colchester).Sold me a fuel filter for my diesel cavalier which wouldnt physically fit on the car.

Hello sir, hope all is going well with you, I used to trust them till last week but now I will not go to them without a second thought. The pump problem stood on my way and now that it’s over will try to flush the matrix.  By the way, I carried the test posted by Marks DTM Calib and posted by quoting him but he hasn’t replied to that, so I will carry on with the project of flushing the matrix. :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 December 2012, 23:35:08 »

Hi sir, I forgot one thing, I understand you're breaking the 3.0, I'll soon be looking for the cat for my omega, does it use the same cat? mine is 2.2 Z22XE 2001.  I made a mistake last year when my cat flex pipe got broken I bought the aftermarket and now its gone already, so I will need a genuine secondhand one as I have seen a couple of postings instructing members not to go for the aftermarket one. please help. Thanks

albitz

« Reply #29 on: 19 December 2012, 23:52:46 »

V6 cats are completely different to four cylinder cats Im afraid. You could post a wanted ad for one and see if anyone on OOF has one.Post it in the test section and Im sure a friendly admin will move it to the correct section for you. :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.