Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air con question  (Read 855 times)

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • Go faster Black MV6 Man
    • View Profile
Air con question
« on: 02 August 2020, 13:52:18 »

On Thursday I took the motor to Serek to have Hbv replaced. Job done all good. On my journey back down the A1, I decided to stick the temperature in low, which is a pointless exercise as air con is shot and to be honest it's never been on my to do list. But as I switched into low setting there was a brief groan from behind the dash, never heard that before either and to my surprise the air coming from the face vents started cooling, :o  although not ice cold the air con continued to deliver cooling, well to a degree, albeit short lived until I switched back over to high.
How could that be guys ? Judging by the state of the condenser I would thought that the system would be devoid of any gas or the very least gone to increase the hole in the Ozone layer. I'm sure its not my imagination or maybe it was  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Air con question
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2020, 14:05:15 »

Engine running, open the bonnet.

On the climate panel press ECO so that it shows on the display.

Under the bonnet, the centre of the aircon pulley (bottom right as you look at it) will be stopped.

Press ECO again so that it is gone from the display and look under the bonnet again. The centre of the pulley should be spinning if the aircon has enough gas to work.

The aircon side of things will work regardless of cabin temperature settings. Reading the manual is actually quite informative with regards to the climate control as it's a bit cleverer than the controls suggest ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • Go faster Black MV6 Man
    • View Profile
Re: Air con question
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2020, 14:29:49 »

Once again DG thanks for your input and suggestions, you have a very good knack of simplifying things.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.