Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Demanding classic omega recognition  (Read 1074 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Demanding classic omega recognition
« on: 03 May 2011, 20:08:54 »

After a terrible day in work and an outrageously increased quote  I came home and wrote a long ranting but reasoned demand to several classic insurance providers that they recognise the earlier Omega Elite and MV6 as classics ( in the making ) due to their increasing rarity, now don't get your pants in a twist if you own the less prestigious  ;) models as my argument is based on increasing rarity, my limited use and the models historic use .
I saw some figures last year that stated that there were just on 1000 of my model left on the road, given Elite Pete and Daz's efforts that must be at least 20% less by now  :D and the previous use of the model by the police/security forces following on from SD1's, 800 Vitesses and Senators etc it's a surefire classic!

As well as this mine is a second car that does less than 5000 miles a year, is garaged and cherished! 

How swift do you think the F*** off will be ?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

M

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
Re: Demanding classic omega recognition
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2011, 20:51:57 »

After a terrible day in work and an outrageously increased quote  I came home and wrote a long ranting but reasoned demand to several classic insurance providers that they recognise the earlier Omega Elite and MV6 as classics ( in the making ) due to their increasing rarity, now don't get your pants in a twist if you own the less prestigious  ;) models as my argument is based on increasing rarity, my limited use and the models historic use .
I saw some figures last year that stated that there were just on 1000 of my model left on the road, given Elite Pete and Daz's efforts that must be at least 20% less by now  :D and the previous use of the model by the police/security forces following on from SD1's, 800 Vitesses and Senators etc it's a surefire classic!

As well as this mine is a second car that does less than 5000 miles a year, is garaged and cherished! 

Hit the nail on the head with that one.......!!

:D :D
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2011, 21:20:23 »

Yes.. but how you need to look at it as we are helping you to keep your Pride & Joys on the road, whilst eventually raising the price of your car by making it a Classic ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2011, 21:33:32 »

Yes.. but how you need to look at it as we are helping you to keep your Pride & Joys on the road, whilst eventually raising the price of your car by making it a Classic ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Couldn't have said it better myself youth and seeing as they are getting even more rare, I might have to put my prices up ;D ;D :P
Retired

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2011, 23:03:28 »

It must be worth at least £15k and be 15 years old or more if its to be classed "classic" - used to get some right old nuts wanting us to class their 1980's Jag XJ etc as a classic when it was worth about £200  ;D
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2011, 23:49:00 »

It must be worth at least £15k and be 15 years old or more if its to be classed "classic" - used to get some right old nuts wanting us to class their 1980's Jag XJ etc as a classic when it was worth about £200  ;D

Get real...... :o :o loads of makes and models get classic insurance and some only worth £100's ::) ::) ::)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2011, 07:26:15 »

Get real...... :o :o loads of makes and models get classic insurance and some only worth £100's ::) ::) ::)

As was the 1989 Merc 190e I had on a classic policy for 3 years at £100 fully comp a year!!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2011, 14:25:01 »

Found this on an Insurance site :y

For motor insurance policy purposes, the definitions generally adopted are:

•Any car manufactured before 1903 is a ‘vintage' vehicle.
•Manufactured between 1903 and 1933 it is classed as a ‘veteran'.
•Classic cars generally have to be at least 15 years old.
•The classic car does not have to be a glamorous super car.
•They do not even need to be especially valuable.

Edit to add....

Some of the major insurance companies do not differentiate been classic cars and any other model on the road and use the same assessment process to set the premium before issuing a policy.

This is clearly not so good for the enthusiast who has spent untold hours lavishing care on a cherished car as it does not take into consideration the time and money spent in sourcing and purchasing rare replacement engine and body parts. Often, the most difficult part of organizing the correct level of classic car insurance is agreeing on the definition with your chosen insurance company.
 :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 05 May 2011, 14:34:51 by terbert1 »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2011, 19:36:01 »

cool, the old faithful estate still in fine fettle was registered in december 94, so i should be able to get classic insurance!!! :y

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2011, 22:26:20 »

aah - maybe "modern classic" (any old nuts and bolts deemed in some way collectable) but "classic" has to be worth a few bob....£15k minimum based on the value of replacing it :o
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2011, 21:08:10 »

Omegas will become classics but not for some time yet. As we stand now they are in the grey area that covers high mileage hacks to peachy late model Elites. Sennies & Monzas etc. can probably be insured as classics but not many have lasted that long, how many Migs will make Cresta/Viscount age? I've been happily surprised to see a few lovely Mk1 Astras at classic shows, (Viva replacement).

As for £15,000 value to be a classic? No offense but a rusty £500 Moggie Minor limping on with a few weeks t&t is a classic. Guy. :y
Curry makes the world go round!

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2011, 21:46:26 »

so my motor at 18 yrs old is a poss classic ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.