Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade insurance quote  (Read 534 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Trade insurance quote
« on: 25 August 2011, 17:47:24 »

Well I finally got round to getting a traders insurance quote: I currently pay £690 for fully comp cover and the trader quotes are as follows, Fully comp £1220, 3rd party fire and theft £790 and 3rd party only £690. These are for a £5k indemnity and I can have as many cars as I like.

When I was looking for standard insurance earlier in the year 3rd party F+T was more expensive than fully comp but i'm leaning this way as the Miggy is near worthless anyway I think I will settle on 3rd party with F+T.

I was surprised at the prices being fairly reasonable and expected it to be worse, how do they stand up to others who have trade cover?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Trade insurance quote
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2011, 17:54:51 »

Be very careful if you aren't actually a trader though ;) ;)

Sounds reasonable but bear in mind that your indemnity of £5k means that if you write off a £30k car you'll have to find the other £25k ;) ;)

Should clarify that this is own vehicle value AFAIK and third party will have full cover, but as your quote is TPFT I'd make sure that is clarified for you
« Last Edit: 25 August 2011, 18:02:37 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.