Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overladen?  (Read 868 times)

Martin_1962

Overladen?
« on: 10 March 2007, 22:38:27 »

Heavily loaded the car twice today, had trouble getting up the slope (grounding) where I live - James has seen it!

Firstly I bought 75 blocks to extend the patio - I will need around 150 so this is just the first load. They are between 1 & 2 kgs each.

Secondly I bought two large bags of guineapig food, 5 bags of sharp sand, bag of cement, and quite a bit of wood

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Overladen?
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2007, 08:43:24 »

And I bet you put it all in the boot rather than also using the passenger footwell....

To be honest, we ahve an excellent buiders merchants in Nottingham who are cheaper than the 'sheds', better quality and provide delivery inclussive prices....I remember needing an extra ton of grit sand when I did the drive, the sand was there before I got home from ordering it!

I still recall seeing a Nissan Micra at the local Wickes with 45 paving slabs in it.....as soon as it went over the speed hump there was one hell of a bang and the front subframe broke....

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2007, 11:54:35 »

I still recall seeing a Nissan Micra at the local Wickes with 45 paving slabs in it.....as soon as it went over the speed hump there was one hell of a bang and the front subframe broke....

;D ;D ;D
The Administrator.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2007, 13:38:48 »

:o  :o How the hell did he/she get them in there? Years ago I put 6 of 3' x 2' paving slabs in the boot of my Manta Coupe - quite struggle getting them up and out again.
The steering was somewhat  "vague"

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2007, 14:49:21 »

I had full compliment of passengers and would not have got a delivery this weekend
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.