Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car scams  (Read 2030 times)

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
Re: Car scams
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2010, 20:46:40 »

Last car I bought was a Opel Calibra, it looked good, no rust clean interior, nice engine that was running quite smooth. only cost 1400 euro, which was all my savings for two years... Saw the paperwork and all looked good..
At the time I didnt have the money to register it straight away, so had to wait, this meant I had to go through police checks.. then one day I finally got to it, (after spending 600 euro on new wheels and rims for registration).. and when I returned to pick up the car, who is there but the police. Turns out the car had a dodgy vin number placed over the top of the old one, but it was only by cutting out the carpet that you could check.. Police took the car and three months later after checks I got it back.. Car is now sitting outside as it is unregisterable. Guy who sold it to me refuses to give money back, despite the law here in slovakia stating he has too..  Claims he could give it back, but doesnt want to.. I now have a lawyer on the case, but it could take years to retrive the money.. :(.

Overall at the moment ive lost nearly 2000 euro on it..
But it seems every dark cloud does have a silver lining, as I have now bought a Omega and it is by far a better car, larger engine and rear wheel drive!! much more fun...

Guess for me it just comes down to that you can try to protect yourself, but people really do know how to shift something and sometimes people are not as trusting as we wish they all are... ;(

Sorry to hear about your friend Hotel21, I can understand how much a small amount of money hurts to lose. Such a terrible waste for it to affect a person that drastically.. :(
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.