Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: scotland do we stick together  (Read 4585 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: scotland do we stick together
« Reply #45 on: 10 January 2012, 20:18:06 »

Easy and cheap to fix the West Lothian question, only allow English MPs to debate and vote on the issue. See that was much too difficult for the current bunch of bladder heads in Government to think of.  >:( >:( >:(

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Scottish independance?
« Reply #46 on: 11 January 2012, 05:33:36 »

;) Just for starters I have Scottish blood in my ancestry and proud of it. I am also totally against this ridiculous and financially unsound proposal for Scotlands independance. Is this some form of joke? Do they not realise that they are being led up the garden path by their elected representatives, one in particular who sees himself as some probable form of a King of Scotland on a set of elaborate promises which will lead to chaos if it ever becomes reality?
To become fully independant which is what he wants will inevitably result in all financial support being withdrawn from the English coffers and it will then have to financially support itself. Already he has stated that finances will be raised through taxation, a small point that I am sure the rest of the population of Scotland will be less than happy about.
In reality there is more interference to the English parliament by way of the sheer number of Scottish MP's within its ranks than the opposite way round. Perhaps a good starting point would now to be, considering that Scotland now has its own parliament, to have only English, NI and Welsh Mp's in the English (UK) parliament. The Welsh appear to be happy enough with the situation as is so why is Scotland being the fly in the ointment? Looks to me to be the sole ambition of one mans drean for power...... The start of a dictatorship type of government maybe?
Can someone explain from where Scotland will gain its finances to support itself, or are 'handouts' to be its major income which intrinsically is how the UK financially support third world countries which are really nothing to do with us because they cut their ties, if any, many years ago? Is that not proof enough that full independance is a silly 'pie in the sky' from a would be  ;D king ;D Laugh or cry, there are only two options if it comes to pass and the wet one will be the vast majority because raising taxes is not liked by taxpayers who will see their leaders revel in luxury when their own incomes are penalised ever again.
Personally my hope would be that Scotland gains its independance and that the UK then stops totally its financial support which is raised from the majority of the population who reside in England. That would only be fair.
Why should we be paying for prescriptions when those in Scotland don't? Just another small thing which would probably have to change too to save money!
Think carefully Scottish people before you vote because it will be irreversable unless the terms of reintegration, should it need to occur, are agreed to fully which would then logically even out the benefits you already enjoy above the remainder of the UK. No more free prescriptions for a start.
How easily the Scottish will be duped will show in history, however it turns out. I hope that their inherent and famous 'monetary prudence'  (apart from the Brown fiasco) will rule their decision.
 :'(
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish independance?
« Reply #47 on: 11 January 2012, 11:10:52 »

just extend the referendum to all the uk, there is more support in england to kick the tinkers out than there is in scotland... ;D ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 January 2012, 11:26:26 »

I think part of the problem is that alot of English people don't seem to understand how it all works.  Bionic you refer to the 'English Parliament' more than once in your post.  There is no English Parliament!!  ::) In the other thread it was mentioned about Scotland not being apart of England anymore.....  :D  That would get my goat if I was Scottish!!

Mybe we should debate the benefits of English independance as there are several threads debating Scottish independance! If England left the UK then it would be UNIWS.... Union of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.....
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11 January 2012, 11:32:31 »

I was in a bit of a rush but on the radio this morning  all i could keep hearing is this sweaty alex salmond has got a man date  before you know it he will be moving to brighton ;D ;D

Jamatrad

• Staffordshire
  • today is the start of your journey not the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11 January 2012, 16:32:15 »

I'll be able to get a Scottish passport  :D
It is the journey not the destination that shapes your life

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 January 2012, 19:04:19 »

Scotland would be ok financially, it has a couple of bankrupt world class banks in RBS and HBOS. The Eurozone Tobin tax I'm sure will help the banks recover  :D :D The English, Welsh, and Northern Irish, I'm sure will give Scotland generous terms on paying back the bailout debt on these. Easy to manage terms over 25 years on your Independence credit card at a mere 2% interest per month.  ;D ;D ;D

The repair and maintenance of a couple of fishing patrol boats won't be quite the earner of a nuclear submarine base, along with the repatriation of many public service HQ's  / call centres etc. that were located in Scotland to help bring down the high unemployment, but Scotland can't have everything.  ::) ::) ::)

Scotland will inevitably having much higher taxes than the UK:
1. High unemployment, high social provision to pay for the most unhealthy lifestyle out of all of the UK population.
2. No more uk higher spend per head of population tax rebate from the rest of the UK.
3. Keeping King Salmon and his royal court at the standard of living he aspires too will not be cheap.
4. No discount allowed on your EU membership invoice.
5. The Eurozone welcome pack for their newest member, will include an invoice for your contribution to the ECB amd EFSF bailout funds. :o :o :o (The pack will include a Merkosy 'with complements slip'.  ;D ;D ;D)

The biggest net change will be to the growth of Scottish tourism.....

It will be great for the UK side of the Scottish borders.

1. Many Scottish businesses will locate to take advantage of the lower corporation tax and Business rates.
2. Employees will encourage them to move, so they can border hop to avoid higher Scottish employee taxes.
3. The weekend tourist trade will be mainly in a southern direction for shopping trips (VAT 5% lower), cheaper petrol and for a good smoke, cigarettes in England will still be under €10 a packet and there will be no minimum €2 charge per unit of alcohol, so they can afford their Friday and Saturday bevvie or twenty in an English pub and then crash out in a local B&B.  ::) ::) ::)

As an Englishman if the vote was nationwide I would have probably have voted against independence, but on this analysis I'm rapidily talking myself into a yes vote.  ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12 January 2012, 05:29:15 »

Having scots blood I would love it to be united but as I live in England and therefore watch the English taxes constantly prop up the Scottish economy then a big YES to their total seperation which then would hopefully stop the constant bleeding of our, the English taxpayers money from subsidising a part of our country which does not want to be a part of it. Separation and independence of Scotland would not hurt England as England pours more out to Scotland than it receives back.
The truth might hurt other Scots but at least I am being truthful and not misled by some already vastly overweight Scotsman who would love to be the next King of Scotland! Might it be that it would not only be his ego that inflated but also his waistline?
Whether the Scots are truly gullible, and their voted decision will show the truth of that, will decide their future. Personally, as a Scotsman in exile I hope they eventually see through his personal agenda and show him the way to the dole. One thing is certain is that he has already stated that personal taxation will have to increase to pay for independance and it will definitely be the end of the free prescriptions and perks that we, the English do not receive and they do, for all Scots living north of the border! If they try to raise the cost of Scottish exports too high to compensate for lost income then once it became too high they would stop being bought and so turns the circle of destruction.
Ah well, at least I am safer in England and being a taxpayer all of my working life enjoy the comforts of what those payments allow me to receive. Benefits? I do not receive any apart from an award for injuries sustained while working and paying tax for many years. Neither do I receive council tax or rent rebates. Oh I forgot- I do receive the winter heating allowance due to my age.
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14 January 2012, 15:01:56 »

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article-2086465/Scottish-independence-referendum-What-Scotland-did-alone.html

"A bankrupt economy, North Sea oil rights sold to China and Shetlanders defecting to Norway. What if Scotland DID go it alone?"

A humorous if long article ;D ;D ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15 January 2012, 11:54:28 »

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 15 January 2012, 14:28:05 »

millwall is moaning again

cleggy

« Reply #56 on: 15 January 2012, 14:48:05 »

If England had a referendum the current polls show that we would kick Scotland into touch, and beat Salmond to it on our terms. ;D ;D

I wonder if that would shut the arsewipe up :y :y

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 15 January 2012, 15:23:18 »

no millwall is not moaning he s just stating the facts
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

albitz

« Reply #58 on: 15 January 2012, 18:11:40 »

Peter Hitchens makes some interesting comments on the subject. Never one to court popular opinion,but always thought provoking imo.
http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 15 January 2012, 20:28:59 »

millwall is moaning again

how do you work that out idiot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.