Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance comparison sites  (Read 2692 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Insurance comparison sites
« on: 15 September 2012, 22:52:30 »

I have used these for years, mainly confused.com but did use another site for the house, just waiting for our very own little meerkat....Blame Miss Vamps ::) ::)

Anyway, time to insure all 3 cars, did have an Admiral multicar but have cancelled that now that Master Vamps has a couple of years ncb, he is on his own now.... :D :D

OK up come the prices, lovely, nice and cheap....1st Central came up on the 3 sites I used, as the best.....that is till you start to make payment and then loads of additions come into play, cost go up nearly £100..... >:( >:(    So they can go forth, insured the Jeep with an AXA site, only the Mig to go.... and to top it all I couldn't use my credit card, no password set up but have used it before.... ::) ::) phone call tomorrow :D :D  Just paid with my Debit Card, no discount for doing so though.... ::) ::)

Sorry I ramble on a bit and have only had 1.....point is I do not remember all these extras being extras in the past, if the tick was in the selection box then it was covered........ :) Now where did I leave that other key??? (Got key cover ;) ;))

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance comparison sites
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2012, 23:06:46 »

It is all about headline prices on aggregator websites as this is what most people buy on. The first in the list will get by far the highest sales. Many policies are aggregator specific with very high excesses and other changes from 'normal' policies, to achieve this.

It is worth using more than one aggregator website as some insurance companies will be on one and not on another, aggregator commission rate and structures do vary, which can affect the price.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2012, 23:14:43 »

insured with first central for two years because they were the cheapest,
  what a bunch of cowboyshttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1417745
  they might have uk call centres, iam still waiting for my proof of no claims and my renewal documents everthing is done on line and everthing has a price, so buyer beware ive since insured with a company called octagon,time will tell.
Hoof'land storeman.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2012, 23:14:56 »

Just been back on confused.com looking for swmbo in the Mig with me, if I go tpft sub £200 some companies go up if not comprehensive, I have always gone fully comp but is it worth it with such a cheap to replace car??

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2012, 23:24:37 »

Third party only cheapest quote £525.... :o :o :o

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2012, 09:17:06 »

Have you tried money supermarket? I always find them better than the confused lot or the meerkats. Over the last 5 yrs, I have never had the meerkats or confused.com or gocompare beat the http://www.moneysupermarket.com quotes.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2012, 09:20:26 »

I have found that generally  fully comp is cheaper than t,p.f.t..these days   :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2012, 12:21:54 »

Mike, why not sign up to Topcashback and see what the Insurers are offering in the way of cashback on that website? At the moment Morethan are offering £101 cashback, Aviva, £80.80 etc. Incidentally, I got the £80.80 cashback off my Aviva Policy last year which brought my insurance cost down to £125 :D  :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2012, 13:30:41 »

I have had my omegas insured via elephant for a number of years and moderately happy with prices quoted in that time. Year in year the premium increased by 20 or 30 quid and this time decided to do the rounds on various comparison and direct sites.

The result is a premium of almost half paid previously for the same cover. £170 versus £330. When I spoke to the call centre to cancel as of renewal date the American/Pakistani called Charlie could drop it to £300 but I declined.

It does pay to shop around.......

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2012, 20:45:11 »

I have had my omegas insured via elephant for a number of years and moderately happy with prices quoted in that time. Year in year the premium increased by 20 or 30 quid and this time decided to do the rounds on various comparison and direct sites.

The result is a premium of almost half paid previously for the same cover. £170 versus £330. When I spoke to the call centre to cancel as of renewal date the American/Pakistani called Charlie could drop it to £300 but I declined.

Indeed, when I rang Admiral to cancel I found that they could suddenly drop the price which I also declined, had they offered me the additional discount in the first place things might have been better............ :)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2012, 22:12:31 »

Indeed, when I rang Admiral to cancel I found that they could suddenly drop the price which I also declined, had they offered me the additional discount in the first place things might have been better............ :)

It really boils my piss when companies do this >:( >:(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2012, 22:25:48 »

I always change a couple of digits on my phone number when using the comparison websites to save days of calls and texts asking why I hadn't taken out insurance ::)
Retired

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2012, 22:38:36 »

I always change a couple of digits on my phone number when using the comparison websites to save days of calls and texts asking why I hadn't taken out insurance ::)

Yep. DO NOT give them your real contact details. Every insurer in the world will end up with them, and pester you constantly. >:(

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2012, 22:43:09 »

Yep. DO NOT give them your real contact details. Every insurer in the world will end up with them, and pester you constantly. >:(

Miss Vamps comes in very handy with these calls.......'Dad's not in' whatever time of day, she seems to have sussed when I should take a call..... :y :y :y

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2012, 18:43:02 »

I can better that I simply tell them that I died 2 days ago & I'm in the middle of arranging my funeral

Miss Vamps comes in very handy with these calls.......'Dad's not in' whatever time of day, she seems to have sussed when I should take a call..... :y :y :y
I can better that I simply tell them that I died 2 days ago & I'm in the process of arranging my funeral
« Last Edit: 21 September 2012, 18:45:30 by Pitchfork »
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.