Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 750 litre fuel tank  (Read 2161 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: 750 litre fuel tank
« Reply #30 on: 25 January 2008, 23:45:31 »

;D   ;D   ;D

Talking of bullsh!t, one cargo carried from New Zealand to, i think, Saudi, was live sheep.  

There was a minimal cargo in the holds then wooden deck structures were built to house the sheep with load sof clearance for the accumulated sh!t from a 3 or 4 week journey towards the sun...

Some of the beasts had to get some time in the engine room to warm up and recuperate before ritual slaughter on arrival at Jedda or where ever....

It really stank when going into the wind!!   ;D
« Last Edit: 25 January 2008, 23:45:44 by hotel21 »

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 January 2008, 00:31:22 »

Used to work on these things....

Roughly 35000 litres used per day to cover about 300 miles....

That works out at about 70 YARDS to the gallon at full sea speed....   :'(
i dont suppose my Argos 20pc tool kit would me much use on that [smiley=grin.gif] beast then

bertiecbx550

« Reply #32 on: 26 January 2008, 09:41:45 »

i usually spend around £150 to £170 every 4 days or so filling up the 200litre tank on the daf 45 i drive around in for comet....so £60 quid a month aint too bad i suppose for my miggy...might even be cheaper if i buy a diesel motor for me self.... ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 January 2008, 10:52:37 »

I read that as DAF 44 the first time round ::) thought they'd be a bit impractical and not that thirsty...

I did a week of work experience at BBC Ealing Green film studios when I was at school. Was in their electronics department fixing Nagra tape recorders and the like.

At the end of the first day I put my mug on the shelf above my bench and went home..

Came in the next morning and the cup was under the opposite end of the shelf, smashed. >:(

Couple of the other guys started laughing about the newbie putting his cup on the shelf so I asked what the joke was. They took me down to the basement where there were two rather large ship engines. We're not talking Hotel21 size here but they were the biggest engines I've ever seen. Probably 12 or 16 cylinders inline, 100 feet long with huge tappets bobbing up and down on top.

Turns out the studio had these installed to power lighting generators back in the good old days and they'd never got round to getting a decent mains feed installed so they were still in use.

.. and the vibration was such that anything that wasn't phyically tied down in that building had a habit of wandering off if you didn't keep an eye on it!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 January 2008, 10:54:42 »

I read that as DAF 44 the first time round ::) thought they'd be a bit impractical and not that thirsty...

I did a week of work experience at BBC Ealing Green film studios when I was at school. Was in their electronics department fixing Nagra tape recorders and the like.

At the end of the first day I put my mug on the shelf above my bench and went home..

Came in the next morning and the cup was under the opposite end of the shelf, smashed. >:(

Couple of the other guys started laughing about the newbie putting his cup on the shelf so I asked what the joke was. They took me down to the basement where there were two rather large ship engines. We're not talking Hotel21 size here but they were the biggest engines I've ever seen. Probably 12 or 16 cylinders inline, 100 feet long with huge tappets bobbing up and down on top.

Turns out the studio had these installed to power lighting generators back in the good old days and they'd never got round to getting a decent mains feed installed so they were still in use.

.. and the vibration was such that anything that wasn't phyically tied down in that building had a habit of wandering off if you didn't keep an eye on it!

Kevin
Bit like a BMW diesel then ::)
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #35 on: 26 January 2008, 12:53:13 »

Used to work on these things....

Roughly 35000 litres used per day to cover about 300 miles....

That works out at about 70 YARDS to the gallon at full sea speed....   :'(

:o :o

mega machines..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.