Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Project LPG - LEMON :(  (Read 2787 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Project LPG - LEMON :(
« Reply #15 on: 31 January 2007, 19:10:07 »

Oh dear - so the seller was a total tosser - need to leave interesting feedback about 5 minutes before it times out!!!!

I suppose if you can get it to run it will be worth playing with - what LPG system is installed?

Not yet sure on the make, but there are stickers everywhere "installed by Avon Autogas".

It's definately a sequential, multi injection one.

Martin - if this car turns out to be a pile of crap, what's the feasability of transferring the LPG kit onto a better 2.0? Guessing it would be easy because I could just take the existing inlet manifold across, saving on drilling more holes?

Very feasable, gas will slowly leak away if nearly empty 6 months would lose the rest.

But you will need lots of pipework.

Can you photo the ECU, Evaporator and injectors and I'll see if it matches anything or I can ask a local expert

Of course I can photo it all - but what are you thinking? :)

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2007, 20:11:46 »

Oh dear - so the seller was a total tosser - need to leave interesting feedback about 5 minutes before it times out!!!!

I suppose if you can get it to run it will be worth playing with - what LPG system is installed?

Not yet sure on the make, but there are stickers everywhere "installed by Avon Autogas".

It's definately a sequential, multi injection one.

Martin - if this car turns out to be a pile of crap, what's the feasability of transferring the LPG kit onto a better 2.0? Guessing it would be easy because I could just take the existing inlet manifold across, saving on drilling more holes?

Very feasable, gas will slowly leak away if nearly empty 6 months would lose the rest.

But you will need lots of pipework.

Can you photo the ECU, Evaporator and injectors and I'll see if it matches anything or I can ask a local expert

Of course I can photo it all - but what are you thinking? :)

Need to know what make it is for spares ect. - I have emailed Avon Autogas to see if they know.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2007, 21:04:50 »

What a tale.  Can't say anymore  [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 February 2007, 03:47:01 »

Well, I had a look at this car in daylight yesterday, and to be honest, if I get the ignition barrel sorted, and get the engine running, it's not that bad. That bit of trim that's a different colour is making it look very bad, and I could soon replace/respray that.

The bonnet closing issue I now believe is actually to do with the catch, because looking at the bonnet in natural light it's actually OK.

The interior is a little bit grubby, but it's worth bearing in mind that, I have a set of mint leather.

The plan is this:

Try and get the engine going OK, if it won't be costly.

IF I get the engine going, next step is to give it a quick test drive (on a private road of course!) and test it on GAS.

IF it drives ok and runs on GAS, Take it for MOT

IF it passes MOT without much needed, then rip out all the interior, rip out and renew / clean the carpet, and fit the leather.

IF any of the above doesn't happen, then it's back to plan B, which is to remove the LPG kit and find a better Meega to fit it to.

Either way, I have now got a couple of days off, and I finish at 3pm every other day this week, so I'll have a couple of hours each night to tinker - hence hopefully we'll have some more conclusive results by the end of the week at latest!!

« Last Edit: 05 February 2007, 04:24:38 by JamesV6CDX »

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 February 2007, 10:41:28 »

Good luck with this one - sorry to hear of your troubles in collecting the car.

Hopefully, you will be able to get it running and a new MOT on it. [smiley=thumbup.gif]
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.