Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nokia CK-7W not muting NCDC 2013  (Read 1371 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Nokia CK-7W not muting NCDC 2013
« on: 07 May 2010, 13:22:57 »

Hi All,
I have searched the whole electrical section but with no direct answer to my problem so apologies if I've missed it.
I fitted a Nokia CK-7W H/F kit to my 2003 3.2 Elite NCDC 2013 radio some time ago but could never get the radio to mute so that car speakers could be used & to display 'Phone'. I connected via the 18 pin phone pre-wiring VDA plug behind glove box using Autolead 06-109B due to the Bose as advised by Autoleads & Terry at Sio Communications ( before things went pear shaped for him ). The ignition live/constant live and earth are fine so I still use the 18 pin plug but have had to fit the Nokia speaker. I have always used the Nokia mic so this is not an issue. I have seperated the VDA plug from its holder in the past to check that the wires correspond to the kit & they all appear OK. The yellow mute wire from H/F kit comes out of the VDA plug to radio as black as it should but I don't know where it goes from there as I have not yet removed NCDC 2013. The car has not been modded as I have had it from almost new & knew the previous owner. After another chat with Autoleads technical guys they suggested buying relay 06-100B but I have nowhere to fit it. There is no relay space under steering column relay board/ behind fuse board under dash or behind the glove box. I do not have Traffic Master so don't see this as an issue. The phone works fine as it is with me manually turning the radio down but the snob in me (and a comment from 'The Boy' in a previous post refering to crappy Nokia speaker as fitted by lazy fitters) ;D wants it to work properly. The phone is a Nokia 6230i (old I know but it has voice dial) & sits in correct Nokia cradle. This is starting to bug me now along with the fact that Mrs YZ250 keeps kicking the Nokia speaker when she moves her feet around in the passenger footwell. The Sat Nav mutes the radio fine so I was hoping to pick the brains of you guys and gals on this great Forum before I decide to pull out the NCDC 2013 to investigate further or just leave it as it is. Is there a 'safe' way of testing radio mute when I am only armed with a 12V bulb style pin tester? I assume that the mute line is pulled to 'ground' during a call but my radio will not do that so it is the car at fault, not the kit.
Any guidance much appreciated.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Nokia CK-7W not muting NCDC 2013
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2010, 13:33:16 »

I had a NCDC2013 unit that the mute line refused to work on, never did sort it out (TB and I use it for spares now).

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2010, 13:39:21 »

Not sure on this system, but not all stereos will mute with a +12V signal

Some older stereos use a Negative signal and you may need a relay in line to give this voltage if your phone kit does not have the capability of changing it.

:-/
« Last Edit: 07 May 2010, 13:39:57 by Dave_DND »
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2010, 13:44:00 »

I have a similar setup.

Not sure Autoleads entirely understand the bose setup in Omegas :o

As VXL-V6 says, we have seen one that won't mute.

However, I suspect a more fundamental lack of wiring in this case. Do you have traffic master?  ::)
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2010, 14:04:23 »

Blimey, that was quick. Do you guys not have jobs or are you stealing a look at the Forum while at work?  ;D
I work shifts myself so thats my excuse.
Many thanks for the quick replies. Looks like my persistance has been wasted if the mute won't kick in. I will have to use the kit in poor mans mode as usual from now on then. At least I know there are 'issues' with this so I will call it a day as I don't want to 'pop' anything in the radio.

TB.
No Traffic Master on this car so looks like I dipped out on that as well.

Regards

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2010, 14:20:05 »

Worth checking that it doesn't have the TM loom in - some are NOT fully wired.

Failing that, feel free to pop in if you're passing, I'll happily have a little gander at it.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2010, 16:06:41 »

Failing that, feel free to pop in if you're passing, I'll happily have a little gander at it.

Thanks for that.
As I won't know what to look for myself I had better leave it until someone like yourself or another suitably qualified member crosses my path (and then I can cross their palm with silver, so to speak). Maximum respect to you guys who aren't afraid to rip things apart. I'm a mechanical engineer but when it comes to my car I am a little bit 'cautious' about disrupting things.

Regards

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2010, 16:12:24 »

Thanks for that.
As I won't know what to look for myself I had better leave it until someone like yourself or another suitably qualified member crosses my path (and then I can cross their palm with silver, so to speak). Maximum respect to you guys who aren't afraid to rip things apart. I'm a mechanical engineer but when it comes to my car I am a little bit 'cautious' about disrupting things.

Regards

Thame is only around 20 miles from here (I'm about 6m the other side of Bicester), so the offer is always there :y
Grumpy old man

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2010, 10:40:12 »

The mute on my 2013 was always very temperamental, gave up on the CK-7W in the end and bought a separate bluetooth unit that clips onto the sunvisor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.